Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some info on HP levels with the 80e...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some info on HP levels with the 80e...

Well after reading the stickies and searching I could not really find any clear info on what a stock 80e can handle....
And from there what would it take to get a reliable D.D. trans to handle 550/600 RWHP? Any info on this would be great guys, Thank you for your time.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A stock 80E should be able to handle anything in the power range you mentioned.

But, what is it going into and why are you considering it. A correctly well built 4L60E is going to be able to handle it just as well at that power level. And it would a whole lot less grief and $$$ in the long run.

g
Old 02-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Teching In

S10 with a 6.0/80e swap..... It seems ezer just to put the stock 80e in instead of taking the 60 and building it up....(since I think all 6.0 came with the 4l80e stock i could just pick up a full pull-out)

I pretty sure the 80 will just fit, but it may give me some problems with the exhaust roughing compared to the 60e....( that was the only down fall I can think of, unless some one would care to point something else out.)
Old 02-20-2008, 07:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, now that sounds like a cool build to me. I would definately run it just as it is in that vehicle. It oughta be a fun project.

And as you know there are always going to be pros and cons to any swap like you are considering. I say go for it and run the exhaust where it wants to be run!

I work with conversions here at the shop all the time. We just rolled a very, very nice GoodGuys Trophy winning '72 Cheyenne pickup that we pulled the TH350 out of and installed 700R4 so he could cruise it without leaning on his 383 out on the highway. Those are some of my favorite jobs!

Let us know how it comes out and if you need any help with something just give me a ring.

g
Old 02-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Cool,.. Thank you for the info man. I cant wait to get started on it.