Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rough shifting

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rough shifting

So cruising to school this morning after driving for probably 25 minutes i notice that my car starts shifting a lot rougher than normal. Instead of just sliding into the gears at part throttle it more or less pops into the next gear.

About five months ago i had the tranny redone with a 3400 fuddle, beast sunshell, z-pak, corvette servos, tranny cooler... the usual deal. and has never done this before.

i checked the fluid when i arrived and the level and color looked normal.

This is the only time its ever done this and im hoping it won't do it on my way home, but i thought i'd see what you guys thought.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

i have the same problem when my tranny gets hot get a bigger cooler it might help thats what im goin to do a nd bypass the stock one or maybe get a fan and cooler
Old 03-05-2008, 04:16 PM
11 Second Club

thanks, i didn't do it on the way home from school. it was like 45* so i don't know.

I've got a 24k gvw cooler mounted in front of my condensor after my stock cooler...
Old 03-05-2008, 10:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are many, many reasons for a 4l60E to begin to shift harshly and then not exhibit the symptoms again.

The PCM uses quite a few inputs to determine Line Pressure. I don't think that I would get too concerned about it unless it continues. It would be a good idea to get those cars scanned for DTC's, Pending DTC's or other useful info.

g
Old 03-08-2008, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

I've also been having the same problem. It comes and goes. 1-2 shift can be brutal sometimes.

I just posted this up today.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/878611-weird-a4-shifting-problem.html

There a link in there to another thread which describes the problem completely and possibly what is causing it.