Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98k and thinking about a stall

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98k and thinking about a stall

I am tempted to try a stall in my 95 z28. Tranny still shifts great (tuned shifts hard as hell with the tune). No slipping at all. Fluid has been flushed recently. Fluid still looks perfect.

Here is my question. I would like to put a 3k stall in it. But I am worried about killing the transmission. I have a B&M supercooler I need to install also.

If I would stall it and install the cooler and the tranny dies can the converter and cooler be flushed so I could reuse them or are they worthless after being ran with a bad tranny.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

My transmission went at 85 more or less. I wouldn't add a stall yet, wait to see if the transmission goes. Cause im surprised yours has held up with those mods and im sure you're like me and really drive the car every once and a while. Just wait.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I beat on it almost every day. It should be dead by now. As far as I know the transmission is stock but I could be wrong. I figure the nitrous may do it in. It is also a DD. Gets driven everyday. I am surprised its still going. Especially with the tune it has. I think it has a shift kit too but I have no proof.

I actually have the money for a performabuild right now but I am trying to save some cash up to pay my motorcycle off.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AR15 guy
I beat on it almost every day. It should be dead by now. As far as I know the transmission is stock but I could be wrong. I figure the nitrous may do it in. It is also a DD. Gets driven everyday. I am surprised its still going. Especially with the tune it has. I think it has a shift kit too but I have no proof.

I actually have the money for a performabuild right now but I am trying to save some cash up to pay my motorcycle off.
You got a great transmission. Its up to you but i still recommend waiting a little longer. Mean while you can add that money to the motorcycle pay off.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Whats funny is my car is pretty much maxed out right now. Because I don't want to add a cam or heads until the bottom end lets loose and I don't want to add a stall until the tranny goes lol.

I owe 3k on my 07 gsxr 600 right now. Which I am trying to sell. I have 2k in my savings account right now. Hoping to sell the bike soon then I will be able to get the tranny or shortblock.

I'd really like to see how my car does with a 3k stall. I think it will help my times a lot. I just don't get off the line hard at all. 1.9x is my best 60 foot. I get 100% traction off the line with drag radials.