Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny, Converter or Tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tranny, Converter or Tuning?

After literally thousands of dollars have gone into my car it still has issues. It seems like the word is out and every mechanic and tuner wants wants a piece of my bank account. I think it has been over worked now. Kinda like Michael Jackson and his plastic surgery. I don't know where to begin or what brand explosives to use. It's been in and out of shops for the last 2 years and still runs like crap. It dynos good but definately doesn't run good. I took it to an 1/8 mile track to finally see what it was made of. My 475 horsepower TA can only run a high 9. It ran high 7 with 100 hp less before all the butchering began. It stalls out halfway down the track for about 2-3 seconds. The rpm drop by several thousand rpm. It noses down so bad it's like I hit the brake an then it stands back up and hauls *** again....of course it's too late now...I just got passed. It only does it at WOT and will not do it on a DynoJet dyno. Am I running out of fuel? Is it in the tuning? Converter? I'm reaching out here. I have upgraded everything except the fuel pump. How can I tell if it is fuel related or something else?
Old 03-09-2008, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It does not sound like a tranny issue to me. But, stranger things have happened.

The only real way to tell is to data log the event.

But, call me tomorrow. I am pretty close to you up in NRH. I might have some suggestions for you and don't mind discussiong it.

g
Old 03-09-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

duct tape a fuel pressure gauge to your windshield and go give it hell. a friend to watch the gauge or road helps.lol tho i do it myself often. if the pressure checks out then ^^^this guy might be able to log some for you to check your tune out.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Based on your description I would have to say its not a trans/converter issue. But a running issue of some sort , Thats all that makes sense

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

sounds like it has a lean spot in the tune
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!