Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil leakage, "overflow valve"?

Old 03-15-2008, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil leakage, "overflow valve"?

Ok. I'll post a new thread here instead of newbietech... That was the only part of the forum i could post in for some days (some sort of bug) but this would be more apropriate place for this i guess....

I have a problem with leakage from my A4 on my 98 SS Camaro.

The strange thing is that i have recently replaced the gasket and had all the oil replaced with brand new. Since then the car has been on jackstands.

The leak seems to come from the top rear of the transmission towards the driveshaft. I've tightened the pan-bolts just in case... And looked for cracks in the gearbox itself. None to be found.

I was just wondering if the fact that the car has not been kept level due to uneven jackstands might have caused this? Slight overflow combined with pressure towards the back due to a tilting of the car?

Also. Some people i asked in the US (the pro-mechanics in Sweden don't know **** about US cars in general, sports car ones in particular) said to look for an "overflow valve"... What is that? I have found some mentions of it somewhere... But i can't find it on my gearbox.

Other thread deleted.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:50 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might have a cracked tail housing. Here is a picture to where the vent is located. I have circled it in red and labeled it as vent.

Search this Thread