Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Gurus - I need you help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E Gurus - I need you help!

Here is the problem. Ever since I busted my torque arm it sounds like the transmission is smacking the floor when I give it some gas. I replaced the torque arm with a Umi adjustable torque arm with relocation brackets. I checked the transmission mounts and they are fine. I brought it to a mechanic and he said it seems that the drive shaft is pushing into the transmission.Here is another thing - there is a weird vibration in the car right befor and after it shifts int 2nd gear. It seems that the vibration is always there but is especially noticable at this spot. Could I have busted something in the transmission to cause this? What could it be? I need help!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is your pinion angle set at?

It is not something that can be overlooked. That in itself can and will create many NVH issues. Also, check for interferance at the mounts TQ arm mounts and the tranny mount.

g
Old 03-17-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratchthed
Where is your pinion angle set at?

It is not something that can be overlooked. That in itself can and will create many NVH issues. Also, check for interferance at the mounts TQ arm mounts and the tranny mount.

g
What should the angle be set at? I think I have it set at -2 degrees.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is relative to where the TQ arm mounts. It should be -2* to -3* if it mounts to the stock locations. If it is a short TQ arm with a dedicated mount behind the tranny, then you should be looking to set it at -1* to -2*.

g