Will this fix my p1870 code?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this fix my p1870 code?

Is this what i need to fix my tranny?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRANS...spagenameZWDVW

My car is doing the usual hard shifting plus non lockup BS for the past couple days.

If there is another source for the repair kit lemme know too.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

or this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4L60-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 03-19-2008, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my experience, the valve bodies are bad. I've done alot of them in trucks that have that code and no tcc, and a valve body has always taken care of it. The bore for the tcc apply valve circuit wears out, and causes poor or no tcc apply, and the p1870. I wouldnt waste money on other fixes, pop a valve body in it, and it should be fixed.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

It is true. The valve wears out but instead of replacing the valve body use any of TransGo's kits, (preferably the 4L60E-HD-2), and have a pro install it! Not only for liability issues but there are different calibrations that he will be use to. There is a new valve in the kit called an ISO valve that cures this problem. It saves the VB for life. BUT, there is always a but, your fluid color and operation of your trans will determine if you just need the kit installed. If you drove the car for too long, you could have damaged the trans especially the converter. The trans will also overheat and ruin rubber seals and teflon rings. I've used these kits for years and they are excellent!! Do it right. Have your trans checked by a pro before waisting money. This kit should be installed regardless of rebuild. It also cures alot of other problems, too. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Will this fix my p1870 code?