Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Controlling 4l80E...BS3 or TCI controller

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Controlling 4l80E...BS3 or TCI controller

I need to get a controller for me 4l80e. I have BS3 but it isn't setup for the tranny. Is there any advantage to having BS3 control is over the TCI box? I'm guessing it's about the same price to upgrade my BS3 as it would be to get the TCI unit.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you choosing to run the BS3 or TCi because the 98pcm won't control the shift sequences or because you want to have the ability to adjust trans settings on the fly? If it is just the pcm issue then...

You can also run it with a 99+ pcm. You will have to pay someone to plug and play the wiring harness to get the 99pcm in your 98pcm'd car, but, it can be done by yourself as well. Only 2 wires from the 98pcm are plugged into the same place on the 99pcm. It would just be time consuming but once you get the 99pcm in it can be tuned to control the shift sequences of the 80e. I got tired of ******* with everything and put in full manual valve bodies and didn't have a second thought about the electrical.

If you are wanting the controller so you can play around with the settings then I probably won't be much help in the department. You might check in the turbo section of this site, there are a lotta
4L80e and BS3 guys over there. Goodluck man, sounds fun
Old 03-23-2008, 08:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on ditching the factory pcm and run BS3. I already have BS3 but it doesn't have the tranny option. I either need to send it in to be redone or buy the tci unit. I'll know the BS3 otion price on Monday and that will probably make my decision.

Quick Reply: Controlling 4l80E...BS3 or TCI controller