Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help!

I have an a4 98 trans am about to hit 95000 miles, today i went to get a trans service because the color the fluid is a gold color, it dosen't smell like is burning. So the guy said that it runs the risk of the transmission dying because of some particles that may be stuck together that hold the transmission in place or some **** like that! So should i get my transmission serviced or not?

Last edited by munecorey; 03-26-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

There is some risk to flushing a very high milage car if its never been done, I would say you would likley be fine just changing the fluid and filter. Alot of shops will do neither with very high milage cars because of the liability risk. Which I am sure is his concern. Basically it works good now. He fushes the trans and then particals and sludge as moved around with the new fluid and higher presure it gives. These particles get in to a valve or solenoid and then you have a trans issue and his fear is that he will be blamed. And it does happen.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-26-2008, 05:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at my real job LOL I take every vehicle on an extensive test drive and check line pressure before I will do a tranny service. I have had the whole "well it wasnt like that when I brought it here" that means you are buying a tranny lol
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!