Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCC Lockup Issues HELP!!!

Old 04-06-2008, 07:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TCC Lockup Issues HELP!!!

My car has trouble with lock up. I have a brand new TCI converter in the car. It will lock up, but as soon as you increase or decrease throttle percentage it comes out of lockup. Anyone have some ideas on what table I need to go into to see what mine looks like and maybe a table to look at so I can see where mine should be?
Like I said, it does actually lock up, but it will not stay locked up. I have misfires set to 32767 so misfires should not be a problem. My initial setting on lockup is set to lock at 60 and unlock at 56, but even though it's close, it still unlocks with any increase or decrease of throttle.
I'm gonna look at TCC Duty Cycle if I can find it, gonna try and see what PWM is, and check min and max misfire temps. Any more ideas?
Old 04-06-2008, 07:12 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you running a shift kit in this car like a transgo HD-2 kit? The reason I ask is with this kit it will greatly reduce the pwm function for the lockup operation. Might be something to look at in your tune as well. What kind of tuning software are you using? Tuning questions might be better answered in that section of the forum. Vince
Old 04-06-2008, 07:28 AM
TECH Regular

Yes, it has a shift kit. I am using HPtuners. Tell me more about PWM and what I can do to fix my issue.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:38 AM
TECH Regular

I'm gonna look next at TCC Duty Cycle and set minimum and maximum values.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:49 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adjusting the tables might help you out however I am not a tuner so my help will be minimal. Have you tried asking these questions on HP tuners web site? Basically in the oem world pwm was created for a smoother apply of the tcc. Basically shift comfort so to speak. With this set up it is actually slipping the clutch on the apply. In a performance application we would like to reduce it and some actually eliminate it. Not sure if I agree eliminating it in a late model obd2 application because in some vehicles the tcc is applied on decel. In which case complaints of a bang on decel can be felt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TCC Lockup Issues HELP!!!