Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with 4L80E swap ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with 4L80E swap ASAP!

Ok, I'm at the end of my 4L80E swap and I've come to find that I cant have my PCM segmented to control it. I thought this was a no-brainer, but evidently I was wrong! Does anyone out there who has done this swap have a HP Tuners .bin with the proper OS for the 4L80E that they could send me? I've hit a wall here and I don't have the extra funds for an aftermarket controller. Any help would be appreciated.

As a side note, my thanks go out to Z'mnypit, for trying to help me out so far!
Old 04-11-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

I would send you mine but mine is an 02 and im pretty sure the os numbers are different. Can you flash in an 01 truck 6.0l truck file with a 4l80e and then just change your stuff...
Old 04-11-2008, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend emailed his tune to hp tuners and they did it for him.............his was a 02 z28

Is a 01 different from a 02?
Old 04-11-2008, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

Im pretty sure the os numbers are different altho it may work? But yea it takes a few days in my case it took a few wks to get the file back but I had gotten the file months before I actaully did the swap this way I had that. Im sure this person wants to drive their car and it sucks thats holding em up.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Hp tuners got my friends tune back to him in a couple of days. Is there something in the tune for a 01 that would cause problems that a 02 would not have. It was a very simple deal for my friend.........he swapped a couple of wires on the pcm, loaded the new tune in and drove it home.

I would try to contact hp tuners and get their assistance

this may do a little better in the tuning section as well

good luck......I know how frustrating these probs can be
Old 04-11-2008, 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats what I was telling him over PM im not sure what the deal with HPtuners is but all I had to do was find ANY 4l80e truck .bin (used 02 seira) and my bone stock .bin from my car. I emailed Keith both of the .bins that morn and that next morn I had one .bin for my car that they combined the two together and made a 4l80e working .bin Im not really sure why they keep telling you it want work when it will. Maybe they just arent in the mood to do it today or something.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

Yea I had a member on the hp tuners forum do it so maybe thats why it took longer but I cant complain I because I had gotten the file way b4 I needed it. But it was better off that I did it in advance.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the replys! It looks like it should be sorted out. I've got 2 different files to work with, so I would imagine at least one will work. I'll post up my results in about a week. I was hoping to be mobile this weekend, but in addition to my problem with the OS, the new flexplate didn't show up today. Oh well. What really sucks is that I've been doing all the work on the car at my buddy's (and tranny builders) shop to save on labor and allow him to keep other jobs going. He's going away for the weekend and I do shiftwork (8-4's next week), so I won't be able to get back to the shop to finish buttoning it up until next friday. I guess that's how things go! Anyway, he's got a bunch of pics of the swap that are going on his website, but he's not a sponsor anymore, so I'll get them from him and post 'em up here too!

Thanks again to Z'mnypit and Bill at HP Tuners. They both came through for me with .bin files.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fast01
Thanks for the replys! It looks like it should be sorted out. I've got 2 different files to work with, so I would imagine at least one will work. I'll post up my results in about a week. I was hoping to be mobile this weekend, but in addition to my problem with the OS, the new flexplate didn't show up today. Oh well. What really sucks is that I've been doing all the work on the car at my buddy's (and tranny builders) shop to save on labor and allow him to keep other jobs going. He's going away for the weekend and I do shiftwork (8-4's next week), so I won't be able to get back to the shop to finish buttoning it up until next friday. I guess that's how things go! Anyway, he's got a bunch of pics of the swap that are going on his website, but he's not a sponsor anymore, so I'll get them from him and post 'em up here too!

Thanks again to Z'mnypit and Bill at HP Tuners. They both came through for me with .bin files.
No problem! Let me know once you get the pics and Ill add them to my write up/sticky