Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny gone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny gone?

I just recently had a built 3500 stall put into my 98 Trans-Am.
After getting it back I drove it no more than about 10 hours and I could notice my tranny slipping. Come to find out my whole tranny was toast. The guy who put it in(who also did my tranny a few months back) said that it was all my fault... He said crap like I got on it too much(I did get on it alot that night...but I have before the stall with no problems) and that I power braked it... which I didn't that night. Does anyone have any sugguestions on what I should say to him? I really don't wanna pay for a whole new tranny again
Old 04-16-2008, 01:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the deal... if it was a properly built high performance unit there should be no issues. Period. But, not knowing what parts were installed or what hydraulic mods were made it is hard to say at all what you should do.

If it was an inexpensive build, you got what you paid for. If it was supposed to be a unit that could take a hard hit often, then there should not be any problems.

What did you bargain for when you had him build it?

g
Old 04-16-2008, 02:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

He should take care of it. He will probably use the converter as and excuse not to but he should.

Call 888-744-6542