Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCI Costed me $1000

Old 04-19-2008, 09:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TCI Costed me $1000

I recently had a 4l80e installed in my 2005 GTO. I decided to use the TCI tranny controller to control the transmission. It took three different boxes and wiring harnesses to get it to work. The first box was purchased from a speed shop in Michigan and had a bad wiring harness. I then bought another box from Jeg's and that one was a bad box. It would not lock the converter or work with the speedo. TCI's tech support recommended parts which ultimately did not work at my expense. They then agreed to send me a new version in exchange for the two boxes I had already purchased. Williams Performance then installed the new "latest greatest" box. This box would not work. After making numerous calls to TCI to trouble shoot the new box they finally got the right monkey on the phone who figured out that the harness was pinned wrong. That harness had to be removed and reinstalled. Who was to pay for all of the time? I sure didn't expect Nick to eat the cost so I payed him. When I tried to recoup the costs by providing all documentation from purchases and labor, TCI sent me a letter that basically said tough ****. I want everyone to beware when considering a purchase from this company. They have no business ethics and I will never do business with them again. I will gladly provide documentation of this to anyone who doubts this.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer, man.

How's it working now?
Old 04-19-2008, 10:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ShevrolayZ28
Bummer, man.

How's it working now?
The box is doing it's job.....for now.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:46 AM
Teching In

I'm pretty sure the latest TCI box is a actually a rebadged PCS unit:
http://www.powertraincontrolsolution...content-4.html
They have forums where staff answer questions pretty quickly and you can obtain shift maps.
(the tuning software is identicial for both systems and they physically look the same)
Old 04-20-2008, 10:03 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by eliotmansfield
I'm pretty sure the latest TCI box is a actually a rebadged PCS unit:
http://www.powertraincontrolsolution...content-4.html
They have forums where staff answer questions pretty quickly and you can obtain shift maps.
(the tuning software is identicial for both systems and they physically look the same)
I have not researched that. Interesting though. Maybe the guys guys at PCS know how to pin a wiring harness correctly. I have not had a problem with the new box. I did get 1 bad box (old style) and 2 bad harnesses from TCI.

Search this Thread