Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i think i'm riding the short bus!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i think i'm riding the short bus!!!!

i feel like an idiot but i tried searching with no luck. i just installed a stock tranny with a b+m deep pan and a pt4000 2 days ago. i put in a total of 12 quarts of fluid and took it around the block. it drove fine so i let it get hot and rechecked the level. it appeared to be low so i added a quart and checked again, still looked low. i could see fluid on the hatching but it didn't fill in the 2 holes like i thought it should so i added another quart. this makes 14 quarts. as soon as i finished pouring the last quart in it started leaking out everywhere. it proceeded to dump just about all the last 2 quarts i put in all over the ground. it stopped leaking and i checked the level and it still seems low to me. i can see fluid to the top of the hatching but it doesn't fill in the holes, so i thought it was just leftover from the tube itself. i took the car around the block and it seems fine. i'm not sure if the holes need to be covered or what? if you overfill the tranny and it pukes out the extra does that mean it's at the full mark when it's done leaking. if the dipstick tube is leaking will it let it get full before it drips out? when i added the last 2 quarts it took about 2 minutes to dump it back on the ground. i assume it was coming out of the vent tube. any help would be great