Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changing tranny fluid

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default changing tranny fluid

im about to on mine...and if you simply pull the pan and replace filter ect and put it back together then your only driaing about 5 qts? any way to drain more than that?
i know about 1.5-2 is in the converter...i assume you cant drain that without a drain plug
Old 05-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daniel6718
im about to on mine...and if you simply pull the pan and replace filter ect and put it back together then your only driaing about 5 qts? any way to drain more than that?
i know about 1.5-2 is in the converter...i assume you cant drain that without a drain plug
It is easy to flush all the fluid, by simply taking the small return hose off the lower side of the radiator, and then place a plastic hose on the radiator fitting and drain to a bucket. Start the car and watch the fluid being pumped into the bucket. Then start adding new fluid pretty fast thru a funnel on the fill tube. When the fluid pumping out the hose turns bright red, then stop and reconnect the hose and radiator. Then check the fluid level with the car running, and top off to the full mark. I did this and it took almost 3 gallons. This method flushes the entire system, without opening it up. Of course, if you want to change the filter as well, then you have no choice but to drop the pan.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sounds a little dangerous...but its ok i already pulled the pan and changed the filter and fluid