Sponsored by:

1997 4l60e valve body

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 01:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 4l60e valve body

doing a rebuild on trans for my truck have done most of the upgrages like
boost valves new converter intermetate plates new silnoilds papers gaskets bands corvette servo plates and fibers the problem is that i took the valve body apart to send it to have the 1870 code correction kit done and NOT lose the pieces I had all the valves and springs laid out in order for reassembly
it took almost 3 weeks for the trans shop to do the mod so mean while something fell over on the bench and mixed up most all the valves and springs
I have a ATSG manuel on this trans but pictures and the guides for valves are ok but the pictures and guides for the springs are for sh?? I have also looked this trans up in mitchell on demand and all they have is the GM exploied view of the valve body as for the valves they are able identafiable by the pictures and such but the springs are not does anybody have a clear picture of a valve body that has the springs in all the right places thanks : confused:
Old 05-04-2008, 10:54 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a picture of the way the valve body should look. Other than you believe something is flipped what problem are you having with the trans? Also which shift kit are you using or was this just a mod for the 1870 code? Vince

Note the abuse plugs and roll pins are missing from this picture.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Teching In

thanks for the picture no problems yet trans not installed i am still building it i was waiting for some parts to show up and having trouble with the stack up on the low/rev pack atsm says 1.200/1.240 stackup mitchell says 1.150/1.180 stack up mines 1.180 and can't get the snap ring into the case is there suppose to be clearance between the botom of the snap ring and the sprag support or is it tight up to the snap ring also on the picture it say the abuse valve and springs are not included is that because they are easy to figure out or is some kind of mod did not put shift kit in only the 1870 correction kit in the valve body seems that nobody in this town carries many parts for this trans i had to order allmost every thing except converter and rebuild kit thanks for your help
Old 05-04-2008, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

That is a long sentence

Quick Reply: 1997 4l60e valve body