Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do I have to retune shift points with N2O

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 10:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default do I have to retune shift points with N2O

Ok, heres the scenario....I would search for this but it doesn't seem to be working right now.

Just strapped on a HSW dry kit, and now my car hits the rev limiter in the 2-3 shift. It has never done this on motor and the car is no slouch on motor, it runs mid 11's on motor.

The trans is fully built, with the best internals. It has never skipped a beat befor the N20. Is this a tuning issue???? Can N20 change the shift extension of the converter, (vig3600)

Should I lower my shift points a couple mph, or is there some other parameters that need to be adjusted in order to get it shifting consistently. I done think there is a mechanical problem I am only hitting it with a 75 shot for now until I can work out the bugs.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:21 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the NOS you will need to retune for the transmission. You will need to lower the MPH and the RPM in the tune in order to get it to shift correctly. With the NOS it is obviously adding hp. With that being said yes the converter is going to act differently. Hope this is the answer you were looking for. Vince