Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Temp Questions, Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Temp Questions, Please help.

Ok first off my tranny is completly stock. I installed a tranny temp gauge this past winter and my gauge flashed "HOT" @ me the other night when i was just crusin around. I think it was over 230. I installed the sensor in the line that gose from the tranny to the cooler.

I took it to a tranny shop today to get it checked over and they said that i should of put it in the line after the cooler, so i can monitor the temps that are going back into the tranny.

Is this correct?? What sort of temps are normal considering where my sensor is located at??

Also i noticed that as soon as i turn on my fan switch my tranny temp starts do climb rapidly. When I turn the fans back off the tranny temps fall back down?? Anyone ever run across this before??
Old 05-21-2008, 12:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

On the fan make sure you dont have it blowing toward the front of the car it must blow with not against the air flow and yes the temo coming out of the trans will be very hot ideally you want it in pan but the return line would be better than the feed line as thats the hottest place and not a good indicator of trans temp

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-21-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is 210-230 an ok temp coming right out of the tranny? Keep in mine that i was just cruisin around not beating on it.

The guy @ the shop said temps can break over 400 in the converter and still be normal.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

In that postilion those temp are fine in factyou will make the most heat with a stall just driving slowly around town

Call 888-744-6542