Sponsored by:

Questions for those with over 450RWHP AND 4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for those with over 450RWHP AND 4L60E

Wanted to know the following (please).

1. How much RWHP are you running with your 4l60E?
2. How many track passes have you had and what your best ET?
3. Who built your trans and what converter are you running?
4. What kind of internals do you have in the 4l60E?
5. How many miles is now on that 4L60E?

I hear a few trans places built stout 4L60E and wanted to know everyones experiences that is pushing around or over 450RWHP.

I went through a stock trans a few years back, then went through another semi built trans with corvette servos, shift kit and vig. About 2 year later when I was making around 427RWHP, I went through built 4L60E with Alto wide-band, a shift kit, Alto clutches, Billet 1-2 apply servo, billet 4th gear apply servo. Beast Heavy Duty sun shell and ofcourse a big aftermarket trans cooler. Its been about 4 years since my last built trans so I am hoping some other company have it figured out by now. I am working on the car again and plan to have it making around or over 450RWHP and wanted to see if I should even waste my time with the 4l60E or if others have had luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know exactly how much power I'm running but check out my mods in sig. I have had at least 15-20 track passes since its been built. I had a reliable performance tranny builder in Tampa build mine (transmission physician). Using a fuddle 3400 lock-up. I cant remember every part but I remember getting the BEAST sunshell, z clutch packs, jumbo billet servos...cant remember everything but I heard that the BEAST sunshell is top notch.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
I dont know exactly how much power I'm running but check out my mods in sig. I have had at least 15-20 track passes since its been built. I had a reliable performance tranny builder in Tampa build mine (transmission physician). Using a fuddle 3400 lock-up. I cant remember every part but I remember getting the BEAST sunshell, z clutch packs, jumbo billet servos...cant remember everything but I heard that the BEAST sunshell is top notch.
Thanks for responding.
Do you mind posting your best ET and MPH and also your race weight?
Old 06-01-2008, 05:16 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've put well over 350 hard track passes on our 4L60E before getting it freshened up.

We are at 3380ish race weight and the other info is in my sig.

We run at almost every bracket race and index race that is available locally which is about every other weekend.

Dial is usually 10.20-10.40s depending on time of year and we slow the car down to run in the 6.60 1/8 mile index classes.

Just get the 4L60E built right and it is a very strong transmission. I've proven that personally as well as several others here on the board.

I hope this helps.