Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF is up with my tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTF is up with my tranny?

Well I thought I blew my tranny the other day when we were on the dyno because we just put it on and about to make our 1st pull and it wouldn't shift into 2nd so we figured it was burned. Left it there overnite, next morning, we go to pick it up and limp it home and the thing just starts shifting perfectly. I have never heard of a tranny doin that. Any ideas?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What actually happened when it would not upshift? Did it neutralize? Did it stay in 1st? Did it go straight to 3rd?

What changes were made, if any, immediately prior to the dyno session?

Also, have you leaned on it since then?

g
Old 06-26-2008, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is your tranny stock? if so, be ready to install a new one! my stock tranny lasted only a week with boost.......
Old 06-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Banned

tranny is built with z clutch packs, beast sunshell, jumbo billet servos, there is more but i cant remember it all. No, it just would not upshift to any gear. It just stayed in first and climbed the rpm's but it would move in 1st. Next morning it just worked perfect...no slips or laggy shifts...perfect. Prior to the dyno sessions, there was no slippage either, worked fine. Before the dyno session, he did start to do some initial tuning but nothing with tranny shift point or whatever. Do you think that the ECM was just trying to learn all the new info he was tuning and somehow the tranny had a brain fart? I have never heard of a tranny doing this so I'm stumped, but happy its working fine again but dont want this to happen again for sure...
Old 06-26-2008, 08:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

solenoid on its way out??????
Old 06-26-2008, 09:41 PM
FormerVendor

Well... the next thing ya gotta ask yourself is this. When the unit was on the dyno and your tuner had his tuning software fired up, and connected to the vehicle. Did he take the time to determine whether or not the shift was being commanded during the time it would not upshift?

That is very valuable information.

Also, did your tuner turn off any tranny tests or DTC reporting?

g
Old 06-27-2008, 01:49 AM
Banned

Well... the next thing ya gotta ask yourself is this. When the unit was on the dyno and your tuner had his tuning software fired up, and connected to the vehicle. Did he take the time to determine whether or not the shift was being commanded during the time it would not upshift?

That is very valuable information.

Also, did your tuner turn off any tranny tests or DTC reporting?
Hmm, I will ask him. I wasn't actually there when my car was being tuned, I'm deployed overseas right now and my buddy has done the work and we took it to my regualer tuner so I don't personally know much of the details. sorry
Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 PM
FormerVendor

No worries... If you want to have those guys call me I'd be happy to discuss that situation with them.

Thanks for Serving man! It's guys like you who do what you do that allows guys like me to do what we do!

g
Old 06-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Banned

No worries... If you want to have those guys call me I'd be happy to discuss that situation with them.

Thanks for Serving man! It's guys like you who do what you do that allows guys like me to do what we do!

g
Hey thanks, do you think that this is a minor problem since the tranny will shift but not regularly?
Old 06-28-2008, 09:27 AM
FormerVendor

Well that's hard to say. Without having definitive information on what took place, and without having supporting diagnostic data, anyone would be hard pressed to say whether or not it is a minor problem.

g