Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny had demons!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny had demons!!!

I have a A4 98 z and have done the shorty headers, the lsx intake, slp cold air, lower thermostat temp., and installed a comp cam xtreme high lift cam (2200-7200 rpm and 228-230 duration), and changed out stock 2.73 for 3.42 rear end. had the car retuned after the cam. the car runs great sometimes, and then dogs out the very next second. i pulled a 16.7 the first pass after all the work! anyway, it short shifts through 1-2,2-3,and 3-4 sometimes never going over 1900 rpm. I have had the tuner check and redo 3 times and it wont get any better, no sensors reporting any problems, and i changed out the speed sensor on the tranny and the tps sensor hoping it would fix it, no go. anyone else run into this?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Your issue is going to be with tuning and have something to do with assuming the rear ratio has been put in correct the settings for TPS and MAF most likely due to your cam and intake change. One change I know thats helped some people is setting the test for min and max TPS RANGE TO 0-100 percent and a similar change in the MAF setting, But you will need to talk to a tuner about that. I will say DO NOT DRIVE CAR AROUND LIKE THAT or you will be calling me or one of the other trans sponsors for a transmission!

Call 888-744-6542