Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

puddle after shift kit install

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default puddle after shift kit install

The other day I finished the install of a B&M shift kit. Very straight forward. After the pan was bolted up, I poured 4 quarts back in and started the car on jackstands. Let the car idle for about 10 minutes to get everything help and cycled through the gears. Drove the car gently for about 5-10minutes to see if any issues were present.

Next moring I drove the car and drove it hard to see exactly how it handles. Parked the car and the next day there was a puddle under the car. I checked the fluid level and the pan and any surrounding are that I touched during the install - dry. Is there a vent tube for excess fluid or any other reason why there was a puddle under the car?
Old 07-23-2008, 01:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have never used a B&M kit, do you just do valve body modification? So you only had to remove the pan? If there is to much fluid to come out if the vent it will usually do it while driving. Are you sure the pan gasket is not leaking?

Chris
Old 07-23-2008, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pan as well as the immediate surrounding area was and still is dry
Old 07-23-2008, 06:45 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it possible that when you had the pan off that some oil had run down the bell into one of the small inspection holes. Might be a long shot but take a look. I have seen when pans are off that oil will make it's way onto cross members and such things. Might be something to look at. Vince