Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helpful Hint

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Helpful Hint

This may not be too helpful for some of you, but it saved me ALOT of trouble. And was quite easy when in the past it has been a complete bitch.

When I was doing my transmission swap, of course the dipstick is going to cause trouble. It was hell trying to get it back in so we cut off about 3/4 of an inch at the end of the dipstick. This makes removing the dipstick much easier with the transmission in place without even having to pull the crossmember. (Hint #1). And of course the stupid *** bracket gets bent every time during removal, and after the transmission is in, its kind of pointless to fool around with it for hours and ultimately take the tranny back out to get it bent right to line back up with the hole. I found that if you put a large washer around the bolt that you can clamp the bracket on the dipstick to the back of the motor. (Hint #2). And while some of you may consider this rigging, I found it quite helpful and thought I would share my experiences so that it might save some of you some trouble later on down the road. Its also much sturdier than tying it up with zipties which I hear of alot.

Just my .02

Hope it helps

If I can get a picture up later, I will, but its kind of self explanatory...
Old 07-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just leave it bolted to the engine and lower the trans. When you put it back, jack the trans up and guide it in. Way easier.