Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you could build a tranny how would you build it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Default If you could build a tranny how would you build it?

reason i ask is i feel my tranny is ultra mushy i have stock 4l60e that was ls1 edited for shift points thats it, it is a 2000 ws6, with less than 37000 miles on it BUT it has been track/raod course raced the last 3 years very hard. i would be lookingto keep the stock 323 gears but how would you build it for street driving and track/road course racing. if it is determined i need a new tranny I am going to buy one over the winter and sell my used one...all input please, thanks guys
Old 07-25-2008, 09:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Your going to get alot of different answers there and each builder has his own preferences. But realistically the parts are at best only half the job, Knowing the hydraulics and what clearances work with what combinations is the other half. I have seen many people put alot of expensive parts in and only end up with a mirade of issue s because they didn't understand the latter. If I were you I would get a built trans from us or someone else like uS who specializes in these transmissions with a warranty, Preferably us of course but thats what I would do regardless

Call 888-744-6542

Last edited by performabuilt; 07-28-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

thanks for the response and the time on the phone....
anybody else got some advice input?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well... if it were solely for road racing I would discuss a Manual Valve body setup with you. But that's not conducive to the consistency an automatic would bring to drag racing.

Because each unit we build is built specific to the application I would need to discuss it in detail with you and then settle on a build.

But, take a look at the different build levels at my website, that will give you an idea where to start.

g