Sponsored by:

How to replace pump stator?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to replace pump stator?

Hey Everyone.

I managed to ruin my pump stator with my in ability to put a stall into my trans. It sucks beyond beleive when i sit the car down, ready to take my swap for the first spin and find that the trans just does nothing!

That being said, i managed to diagnose my problem pretty darn quick.

Im going to pull my trans out of the car tonight, take a look over it, check how bad the damage is, then pick up the parts tommorow.

Im looking for some info or tips in regards to dissasembling the stator, and where the hell the damn thing is in the transmission. I know its part of the input shaft, just not sure where.

Anyone have some links to a "how to" on replacement for these things? Its gonna cost me $300 to have a shop put in an $100 part for me, i know im capable of doing it myself , i just need to know the procedure for it.

Any & all help is GREATLY appreciated!

Sheldon
Old 07-29-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are you talking about the front pump? I think I screwed mine up to by not seating the transmission, worst part is this isn't my first tranny swap so I thought I'd get it by now. lol
Im thinking about swaping the pump out myself, I've been reading up it's pretty basic. Pull of the pan and filter, remove valve body, take off bellhousing with torx puls 50, remove pump bolts, then stick 2 screwdrivers through the bottom to pry pump foward (reason why you need to take off the valve body) and that's pretty much it. Just align it right when installing new one. I've never done it before just read up on it.
I'll be honest Im kind of scared about doing it myself, never worked on transmission's, scared I might lose something or put someting in wrong... Since everything in the tranys are small parts, and even then I dont know how to tell if something else is bad.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anybody with some tranmission experiecne have any tips? I got my trans up and about to take out the oil pan then valve body in order to replace the pump. I heard that there are some kind of check ***** in there, Im kinda leary about this pump deal. So can anyone advise when in the removal of parts can I expect to see or watch for anything flying or mocing around?
Thanks
Old 08-01-2008, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

i just did mine yesterday i ordered a new pump u have to take off the pan take off the filter and the pwm solenoid after that u take off a couple of bolts that are on the pump to trans housing and pull on the stator shaft. we used a couple of screwdrivers and had some 1 hold the trans shaft so we wouldnt pull it out with the pump, i dont no if it will come out but it looked like it would. if you have the tranny upside down w/o pan it will be alot easier as you can pry on the pump trough the inside. also it is not necessary to remove the valvebody
Old 08-03-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do most people need the stator kit or a full pump? I did the same to mine yesterday. Sucks!

Quick Reply: How to replace pump stator?