Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performabuilt

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up Performabuilt

OK guys...This is not a rant it is just my experience.

I bought a Performabuilt trans level II back in November of last year. Was doing a rebuild of the car...blew #7 so I figured more cubes, 12 bolt and new tranny. All my parts were delivered while I was deployed. I started the install back in May when I got home. Anywho...the rear was installed first and then the motor and trans.

Well that is when it happened...the trans. I broke the pump on the transmission the first time I put it in, and the tranny was leaking. I called Performabuilt and Frank hooked me up with a new pump which was pretty easy to install. So I get the new pump in and put it back in the car. Well it still leaks. It starts out slow and then I left the car in the garage for a week while I went on a short trip out of the country and when I got home it looked like my car was shot and bled to death on the garage floor . So my wife calls Frank cause I work everyday until who knows when. He says it could be a seal on the side of the tranny and he sends me a new one free of charge. I change the seal, but it only slows the leak. My wife calls Frank again. He says pull the tranny and box it up. They came by to pick it up 2 days later. I got it back a week later in a new case. Installed yesterday...no leaks...running better even...that could be in my head though.

I must say the guys at Performabuilt will help you out when you need it. They made it right for me, I never had to come on here and bash them or anything like that to get them to do me right. So if you are looking for a new tranny, I would not hesitate to recommend them. I am probably the one bad story of a 100 or even 1000 that they sell.

THANKS FRANK & PERFORMABUILT...You guys know how to treat a customer and keep a customer. If I ever need a new tranny (maybe a TH350/TH400 or the like) I will be calling you.

Jon
Old 08-10-2008, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is AWESOME !!!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frank is very knowledgeable and very helpful and i will always recommend them!!!!

i will be contacting them again soon for a new project of mine