Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another 4L60e toast?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Another 4L60e toast?

Yesterday I let a friend of mine drive my car home because another friend of mine was too drunk to drive. As I am heading home I see my car on the side of the road. My friend tells me "it just died".

I jump in and starts right up, but won't move. If you put it in gear, the rpm's climb alittle then settle back down and nothing. I got it towed home and I checked the fluid and its not burnt, might be a tad low but not much.

Sound like I lost a pump?

This is a fully built 4l60 with a Yank converter, I was hoping it would last longer then a freaking year :roll:
Old 08-11-2008, 11:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

If you have no movement its likely a broken pump or a broken hard part "INPUT SHAFT DRUM , OUTPUT SHAFT etc" Though there are many possibles. I would unhook a cooler line a start first this will allow you to prove or disprove the pump as the culprit.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 08-11-2008, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by performabuilt
If you have no movement its likely a broken pump or a broken hard part "INPUT SHAFT DRUM , OUTPUT SHAFT etc" Though there are many possibles. I would unhook a cooler line a start first this will allow you to prove or disprove the pump as the culprit.
I am leaning towards pump just because of the way it quit, acoording to my two friends who were driving the car.

I will give that a shot,

Thanks for the post