Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shift light??

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift light??

putting a shift light in the 98 TA with a TH 350. want one i can tuck behind the A/c vent. is there anything special i need to consider when buying a shift light for this application. i know that you have to splice into the wiring harness for the signal but some tachs are 4-6-8 cylinder. did a search but could not come up the information needed. thanks for the help.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have an MSD box? This makes the light install a lot smoother, those boxes have plug-ins to help simplify, rather than splicing into the stock harness (yuk!)

Your idea for placement is nice, I had a friend that did the same thing but in a mustang, very clean setup and still plenty bright to see. Im also looking for a shift light. I prefer the smaller ones (about the size of your first finger) that can be digitally programmed so no worries about chips, etc. Ive been watching the boards but never come up when I have extra $$...good luck to you!

BTW...look in summit or jegs to get some ideas of costs and variations available.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:40 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want it in the vent, then you'll want the Raptor shift light. Some of the sponsors carry it
Old 08-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
If you want it in the vent, then you'll want the Raptor shift light. Some of the sponsors carry it

x2 on the Raptor. Great item