Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need this answered as soon as possible

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default i need this answered as soon as possible

i have a 465le in my 2001 ls1 camaro , it is a built trans my question is i watched the old trans go out and the new in when the new one was put in there was a black tube with what looked like a small filter about the size of a 50 cent piece splicing the tube , i asked why this wasnt put back on and i was told you dont need it , now im finding large amounts of trans fluid under the car and i keep topping off the trans to no end and now my 3-4 clutches are slipping and the built trans is about to give up only after a month , when it first went in it was a monster now not even a month later its toast , it came from a reputable builder , what the hell was that tube ? i had a mechanic shop install the trans but i ordered it from a company , please im about to take this *** to court and sue his *** , please tell me that tube caused it
Old 08-13-2008, 07:46 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The tube is for the vent on the transmission. It is best to have it on the trans so that if for some reason the trans were to push some oil out, it does not get on the exhaust. Normally the rubber hose ends up near the torque arm. I think you need to contact outlaw about their transmission. Sounds like the leak might have something to do with the failure. Vince
Old 08-13-2008, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

ok thank you i will
Old 08-13-2008, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

and i got a call from performabuild and he walked me through a couple of explanations and we found out that the main wiring harness seal is broke , not only is it broke but i can push it almost into the valve body so i know where my leak came from and a betting man would say that caused the failure
Old 08-14-2008, 04:57 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I had to bet the trans was built with a used harness. I feel it's always best to install new in a fresh build. Vince