Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e Fixed I Think.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e Fixed I Think.

I just re-pulled my 4l60e out of my c5. I was having a slipping issue in 4th gear that eventually took out my 3rd and 4th gear. I still have 1and2. I took it apart and everything looked great with the exception of the kevlar band & 3-4 alto clutch pack. I wasnt able to get my hands on a decent clutch pack when i originally rebuilt it and i think that lead to this problem. I pulled the shift improver kit out and replaced it with a transgo hd2. I upgraded the bad to a carbon wide band by alto and installed the z-pac. When i went in the first time i replaced the sun gear with a beast and the servo with a super servo. I think/hope this one will hold up to my abuse now. what do you guys think?

opinions on the carbon wide band, hd2 shift, zpac?
Old 08-14-2008, 02:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

we use the carbon wide band in our level 3 and the z pac in our level 2 and they both perform and hold up very well. However its been my experience that though some clutch types and materials can take more heat than others and last longer in a low pressure or slipping situation , The burned clutches are generally not a result of a power issue regardless of the type but rather pressure and hydraulic issues. If you continue to have failures thats where I would be looking . I read and see all the tim where people put the best of this or that in there 4l60e but parts are really only half if not less of what matters, The trick is to make those parts work together and to get the right amount of fluid where it should be to apply the clutch sets and bands.

Call 888-744-6542