Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help i need a answer !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help i need a answer !!!!

i have a 2004 gto and it has a cam and full bolt ons and is tunned by HPE well the problem is i have a fully built tranny with a vig3000 stall and the tranny has already went out within 2500 miles well i had the tranny replace under warranty and while it was still on the lift we checked the over all pressure of the tranny and it was goin crazy anything from 80 to 300psi.....now my questions is is this a tunning problem? or mechanical?

thanks brian

sorry for grammer
Old 08-15-2008, 05:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well could be and electrical condition, But I doubt it without a code, I cant however think of any mechanical condition either but I have seen this on the dyno and in cars when the trans was not full and sometimes when full for the first few minutes as there was air in the system , But to determine if its tuning you can watch the current to the EPC "pcs" and ts its jumping around the same way then that would point to tuning .
Then of course if your trans is vacume modulated for pressure control a collapsing vacuum hose or rough erratic idle could cause it

Call 888-744-6542

Old 08-15-2008, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the info and my tranny guy said that they tried 2 diffrent EPC's and it didnt help and ended with the same results! im thinkin it is a tunning issue but i called HPE 3 times today and left them my name and number and they have yet to call me back and now i have to wait til monday to know anything else it is really a big pain in my *** now
Old 08-16-2008, 12:24 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If this is not a tuning issue I would look at the pump. I have seen on a transmission Dyno with a transgo kit, if not properly installed, a condition when pressure is over 175 psi the pressure gauge will act funny. Either the wrong bumper spring was installed in the pump or the washer that goes on the boost valve is missing. Basically not having the correct balance in the pressure regulator circuit. I have also seen when the separator plate is not drilled correctly for the AFL valve this can happen as well. I have seen some "home made shift kits" yield a result with pressure fluctuations. Good luck and let us know what you find. Vince
Old 08-19-2008, 03:17 AM
On The Tree

i am still waiting i am really just about to say **** it and get a 6 speed for the car