Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about wiring and programing an automatic transmission in a 98 camero

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about wiring and programing an automatic transmission in a 98 camero

I have a 98 Camero that used to be a 6 speed converted to automatic. The transmission is a brand new 4L60 3600 stall. Its all put together other than the wiring needs to be finished and the computer needs to be programed. The transmission wiring harness is all there from the plugs to the transmission to the pins that go in the computer. I'm looking for a shop somewhere around Missouri, but i'm interested in any shop that would be willing to fix this for me.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would get a wiring harness from a 98 Automatic car (must be a 98) and just swap it over. Its all pretty much plug and play/straight swap with the wiring harnesses. Do some searching and you'll find out the few wires you'll need to connect to the shifter and a couple other spots to have the torque converter locking up and a few other things working properly. Then have the computer flashed over to an automatic. Its all lot easier than u think if u already have all the other stuff swapped. U just might have to fish the wiring around more since some things might be in the way.

Hope I helped you out some.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:49 PM

Thank you, but im really looking for someone else to do it for me.