Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

500hp goal..what is needed 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 500hp goal..what is needed 4l60e

i have 500hp goal to hit one of these days and want to know what all is a must to upgrade at this power level on a 4l60e?...beast sunshell?...wide band and drum?..5pinion planetary?...13vane pump?...alto red or z-pak clutches?...the billet servo pistons? this stuff adds up quick and trying to sort the overkill parts from the needed parts.
thanks for any info
Old 08-25-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

i would definitely get ahold of our sponsors. im sure 500 hp is capable with our sponsors tranny setups they have.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this out https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/975770-i-need-4l60e-rebuild-advice.html
pick one or the other.
Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
You'll get the best advice sticking to one post.
You are asking a lot of questions that need a lot of experienced help.
The guys who have earned their way to knowing whats wrong with your trans are not likely to give the info away for free. It's time consuming, and it gains them nothing. And the fact is since you'll be doing all the work it may gain you nothing so everyone loses in the end.
I'm not a sponsor, I used to build transmissions in my spare time because I like to, I learned the hard, expensive way. You need to read a lot, search the forums, google, go with what works in the real world-not what the rebuild manual says.

Or go with a sponsor here and be done with it and have a warranty.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

well these were two questions and didnt want one being overlooked like so often does.And i doubt this website is founded on making a quick buck for the sponsors. This site is for information and questions. I dont see the big problem with me asking a few questions on upgrading my tranny and a brief diagnosis...picked
Old 08-25-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok here is the deal. i have a 94 4l60e that i am going to be rebuilding myself in a few weeks after i piece together a budget performance kit. i have mainly done basic freshening up rebuilds before except for 2 trannys that i had to replace busted parts.So i am still learning.now what i am in need of advice on is any problem areas and areas that are related to my tranny that lost fourth gear,started slipping in first but held second under heavy throttle,and also had a reocurring no 1-2 shift under wot.there was also a kinda whiring noise at idle coming from the tranny which has been there since i got it.but anyways if anybody can give me some ideas on problematic areas that will need attention or ideas on what might all be wrong with it it would be a huge help. thanks
Old 08-25-2008, 04:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

check out our rebuild kit. Probably a little overkill for your budget build, but it will give you an idea of where to start.

Chris

http://www.circledspecialties.com/Re...Kits/4L60.html

Quick Reply: 500hp goal..what is needed 4l60e