Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift Brothers trans on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift Brothers trans on ebay

Shift Brothers trans on ebay there are rip offs please do not buy from them i had to file a paypal claim they sent me a junkyard trans with old fluid in it buyer beware do not buy from them they are local i picked up the trans i met them in town they would not let me pick it up from there shop i dont think they have a shop the address they have listed is a old house with a shed with trans laying out side
Old 09-03-2008, 08:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry to hear that , Probably just some guys building out of there a back yard shed, Now don't get me wrong there are actually some people who do that on the side of there regular job who are quiet good, Question is why didn't you use one of the sponsors here on the site ?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 09-03-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

wow, sorry to hear about that. hopefully you get everything worked out.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by turbo408stroker
Shift Brothers trans on ebay there are rip offs please do not buy from them i had to file a paypal claim they sent me a junkyard trans with old fluid in it buyer beware do not buy from them they are local i picked up the trans i met them in town they would not let me pick it up from there shop i dont think they have a shop the address they have listed is a old house with a shed with trans laying out side
Tell paypal you never recieved the item.
First thing paypal will do is ask for a tracking number from them, if they can't provide one, you get your money back.
Did they get any other info from you to prove this transaction took place?

The reason I say all this is because I sold something on ebay, my auction required an immediate paypal payment so the winner selected buy it now and paid. He was local and picked it up *no shipping*
Three weeks later a claim came in from paypal, all they asked me for is a tracking number, I obviously didn't have one. Next thing I know my paypal is in the negative and this ***** got his money back and still has the item.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Tell paypal you never recieved the item.
First thing paypal will do is ask for a tracking number from them, if they can't provide one, you get your money back.
Did they get any other info from you to prove this transaction took place?

The reason I say all this is because I sold something on ebay, my auction required an immediate paypal payment so the winner selected buy it now and paid. He was local and picked it up *no shipping*
Three weeks later a claim came in from paypal, all they asked me for is a tracking number, I obviously didn't have one. Next thing I know my paypal is in the negative and this ***** got his money back and still has the item.
He speaks the truth its the reason we no longer take pay pal we got ripped the same way once. They are not like credit card companies doing the big investigation.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 09-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Banned

thanks for the help
Old 09-03-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great reason to do business with our SPONSORS. You do know we have quite a few transmission builders here on 'tech right?
Old 11-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Banned

well the update on my shift brother trans i got a new one from ebay from proformtrans i have about 15 pulls on it it does not miss a beat i love it came with a great warranty great pp too
Old 11-01-2008, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When will people learn not to buy car things on ebay like transmissions?

I am still fighting with outlaw to get my money back, reported them to BBB, credit card company, etc etc etc etc
Old 03-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Proformtrans is a guy you WANT TO STEER CLEAR OF!!!. I have a 97 GMC that i built a 383 stroked LS1 and installed. I bought one of his level five transmissions and have 983 miles on the engine and tranny. The 3rd and forth gears are completely gone. And here comes the proof. I've called him about 12 times in 2 days. left a meesage every time with no answer and no call back. I've been nice every time. I have two profiles on ebay. I found a listing on ebay under proformtrans' profile. I sent him a message telling him what was going on and that he needed to call me, with the profile he knows i have. i watched the listing for a few hours with the one he doesnt know i own the next night. I sent him a message and he responded within 2 hours. I revealed whoi was and asked why he would respond to me under one profile but not under the one he knew that i owned. He hasnt responded to that one. It's been three days and he knows that i have a major problem with the transmisison. i took the pan and filter off today. there was about a 1/16 inch of metal sludge in the bottom of the pan. the trans fluid looks like it has 30,000 miles on it and the filter was completely clogged with sludge, and remember there's only 983 miles on the level 5 tranny.

Last edited by rapedapeGMC; 03-23-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Guys I know how it is to look for a deal. But really there are including us several good sponsors here on this board who are here everyday to help you and be there when you needs us and all of us IMO make some of the best transmissions period in the bussiness today. I hate to see this happen over and over on various boards.
To the poster above I am sorry for your miss fortune.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Pics are of the top of the filter. All this metal is what fell out of the valve body.
Attached Thumbnails Shift Brothers trans on ebay-img_0870-2-.jpg   Shift Brothers trans on ebay-img_0874-2-.jpg   Shift Brothers trans on ebay-img_0876-2-.jpg   Shift Brothers trans on ebay-img_0878-2-.jpg  
Old 03-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Pics of the pan
Attached Thumbnails Shift Brothers trans on ebay-img_0882-2-.jpg   Shift Brothers trans on ebay-img_0884-2-.jpg   Shift Brothers trans on ebay-img_0883-2-.jpg  
Old 03-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Teching In

There's the proof. 983 miles and its junk. The level 5 trans was supposed to hold 800hp. It couldnt hold 500 for 1000 miles. Do your selves a favor. I'm taking this piece of crap out of my truck and putting it on the floor. Then i'm getting a hold of one the sponsors for a real transmission and then suing the guy. i think i have enough evidence to get him to court. He screwed the wrong guy this time. If there's anyone that has been screwed and wants to help out id appreciate statements that i might put before a judge. the goal is to get him put out of buisness, maybe in jail. dont even care about the money. Stay away from this guy.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

holy crap! there's chunks in there!! i was seriously considering buying one of his trannys about a month ago. i'm so glad i didn't after seeing this.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man you deff gotta do your research when buying somthing like that..... as for cables and hard parts im fine getting it off ebay but trusting some joe blow that has his friends girlfriends half naked on the tranns trying to grabb your attention= EPIC FAIL...... The sponsors on here are all great... I did my share of phone calls to them all and weighed out ones pros and cons against the other... in the end I went with performabuilt and have bugged the holy hell out of frank.... This is the main reason I went with them customer service and their warranty......
Old 03-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Well someone here is enough of a little school girl that they went crying to proformtrans about my threads. Thats fine now that proformtrans wont honor my warranty i'll just have to take him to court. The warranty is a binding contract.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

man sorry to hear the troubles your having.... Good luck and dont give in...
Old 05-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Default Proformtrans new name is probuilttrans

Proformtrans new name is probuilttrans. stay away from this guy. he'll straight rip you off. This guy is a real con-artist. If you need his info so you can file legal action against him contact me. i'll give it to you. Oh and i had his trans torn down by performabuilt transmissions when i picked up my new one from them. these guys are great. Badass tranny to say the least. and a bunch of real great guys. anyways the tranmission that came from proformtrans, aka porbuilttrans was nothing but a stock built truck 4l60e. i have a 383 ls1 stroker in my truck. the transmission had GM part numbers stamped on the parts. stay away from this guy at all costs.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

I was just going to say,the trans was probably already junk and they cleaned it up and sold it. Seriously,what's wrong with people..Doesn't anyone have any morals anymore? The person that narked on you could have been one of the guys lurking on here from that shop,you never know..The guy should be in jail and I hope you get your money back then some for all the bs..!