Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Circle D initial impressions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 01:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Circle D initial impressions

I ran a Yank converter since the 1st converter change back in 1999. I went from an SS3600 to a PT4000 then finally to a PT4400. All were great converters with equally great results at the strip. My PT4400 was 5 years old and I got my moneys worth from it by far but it started showing it's age. It was not giving the results expected at the track and shift extension continued to narrow. Basically the converter was beginning to fail on me and with 5 years hard labor it owed me NOTHING. Spoke with Dave at Yank a couple of times and I felt I was being led in the wrong direction so decided to give Chris at Circle D a call.
Initial conversation went very well with him. His suggestion was to first and foremost send him my Yank so he could diagnose if and what the actual issue was. Converter was in poor shape as expected so we figured out my needs. We decided on an 8" non lockup converter that he would build from scratch. I do not daily drive the car so locking the converter was not a big issue for me. My trans temps on the highway are more than acceptable without the lockup I see 180 on my gauge. I have my sensor in the pressure port so it's a good 10-15 degrees less than that as an actual average temp.I have had this converter in for a couple of months now and figured I'd give some feedback. I dont have a track date until November but i've driven this car long enough to know my current best is going to be surpassed without any question in my mind.
The 1st place I noticed a difference was shifting into 3rd gear at WOT the car pulls much harder. It pulls harder everywhere else as well seems to really put power to the wheels more forcefully. Now this is comparing a hurt Yank and I realize this. I think over the last couple of years the Yank has gradually lost little by little not making it as noticeable to me so now I put a fully functional unit in and boy were my eyes opened.
I am VERY pleased overall with my experiance with Chris and Circle D and would recommend them to anybody out there. The customer service is A+ he explains all the little extra things he does to his converters to make them strong and how the combination of parts gets him to his converter designations. I'm confident my car will drop numbers this November to put it amongst some of the fastest stock shortblocks out there.

John
Old 09-06-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad your enjoying the verter. that definitely says alot about circle D with you liking there verter to yank. espeically yank having a reputation as being one of the best in the business.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am trying ot save up some more cash to buy a convertor from circle d. i will be buying from them when i get a chance. he has anwered every question without hesitation.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love my circle d converter. best one i have ever had