Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans brake question..............

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default trans brake question..............

I just swaped my 6 speed to a TH400 with TB,and my first pass was a disaster,my second pass i figured out why my TB wasnt working so when i got to the line i hit the button and started building boost......now here is my concern.

when i let off the button the brake was still on and a few moments went by and then it clicked and released....is it normal to have a second or so delay with the brake?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tha joker
I just swaped my 6 speed to a TH400 with TB,and my first pass was a disaster,my second pass i figured out why my TB wasnt working so when i got to the line i hit the button and started building boost......now here is my concern.

when i let off the button the brake was still on and a few moments went by and then it clicked and released....is it normal to have a second or so delay with the brake?
No.
A properly working transbrake will engage within milliseconds of letting off the button, almost instantaneously.
You have issues, maybe in the solenoid itself, maybe in the wiring?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:54 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would look at the solenoid or the brake valve/modulator valve to see if it is sticking. Also check to make sure the button you are using is truly releasing right away. Vince
Old 09-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didnt say if you have a delay box if so chech how much delay is in it and adjust
Old 09-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no box or anything like that...but i did talked to the guy i bought it from and he knew i was trying to get this car together in a week to run at pinks all out.The guy seems to think it is cause i bought a cheap button from radio shack.He says their are different buttons fast release,slow, delayed.....if its true i dont know but im just looking for opinions or suggestions