Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans cooler

Old 10-01-2008, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 4l60E valve body and cooler questions

soon to install a 3600 stall and had some questions...i will likely be doing the transgo shift kit, and a trans cooler, and i was wondering what the cheapest option would be for me on the trans cooler

another question i had was, i recently drove a friends car with a manual valve body and i really liked it and looked into it and found the transgo reprogramming kit...what are your opinions of this kit? will it put more stress on my trans? is it worth it? or should i just leave it alone? any input is apprecited..thanks!

Last edited by FiFdYnUtz; 10-01-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

search is your friend. the trans-go seems to be very well liked. as for a cooler, summit has a 26000gvw plate cooler by b and m i think that has all your hose and brass fittings for you to splice into your factory lines. its around 60 bucks for the entire kit. i have heard the plate style coolers are more efficient then tube and fin styles.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i did search and only found mixed results on the reprogramming kit...i definitely want their shift kit im just still unsure about the reprogramming kit because i want the manual valve body style just im concerned about stress on the transmission...and how will it go into ovedrive? is it just d? also will it still shift itself still when left in drive? thanks!

Search this Thread