Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Transgo HD-2C not working...

Old 10-03-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Installed Transgo HD-2C not working...

I spoke with someone at Transgo and he claimed to know EXACTLY what I did wrong in the install but I'm curious if anyone else here can back up what he said.

I installed the kit and everything went perfect (imagine that). I laid everything out one piece at a time and installed it. I double and tripple checked everything before I put it back in. No leaks...

When I put the transmission in reverse I get nothing and when I put it in a forward gear it revs then kicks in as the revs drop back down. The guy said the boost regulator valve popped out because there are two grooves and one is shallow and not the right one. I just looked at the video and I'm sure he was right but I guess I'll still post this incase that's not the problem. I won't be able to work on it again until monday and I'll let you guys know if that was the problem.

On a side note the kit was strait forward and easy to install EXCEPT the 2nd accumulator. It look me a while to figure that out but I'm almost 100% that I got it right in the end.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they are most likley right
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 10-03-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm fairly sure that's what happend as on the video you can clearly see both of the grooves and since I was by myself trying to get this done I ended up getting the ring in the bore and slid it up with a screwdriver. I pushed up on the valve like the video shows but the problem was the ring was probably in the wrong groove and popped out. I'm chomping at the bit hoping that is all that's wrong and this weekend is going to creek by since I won't be able to work on the truck until monday...
Old 10-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of Luck man. Its Sunday so i hope you got it all wrapped up. Also i wanted to thank the perfomabuilt guys. You guys post a lot for people who have never contributed to your business. Just wanted to let you know a lot of us appreciate it
Old 10-06-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I do appreciate the help and he was right...boost valve popped out of the bore. It's all back in a shifting like a dream. Now I need to get HP Tuners hooked up and set my shift points and drop the shift times down...hopefully this will hold up until my truck is in the 12's...

Search this Thread