Automotive Careers Looking for an automotive job or employees?

UTI questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UTI questions

Ok I am in high school. I want to go to UTI. My questions are do they have to accept you or is that just for the elite programs. Like can I just sign up and go or do they have to accept me based on grades etc. I have the choice to pretty much go to any of the campuses I want. so for I picked so cali. I have always wanted to live in cali. OR orlando cause its not to far from my Family and my home town is two hours away. I have searched and read that these jobs pay ok etc. I want to know do you think it is worth it? anything you want to add etc.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone can get in. The Cali campus requires that you do a BASIC skills test before you start. This is not their rule but a CA post-secondary college rule. Any monkey can past this test. Yes you have to be accepted into a manufacter program. Be prepared to show up every single day and you need atleast a 3.5 to get in (not really that hard to do.)Be prepared because rent near the So Cal campus is kinda pricey. I graduated in November from the Mercedes-Benz program. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

I graduated from the campus in racho, in late october. schools not that bad, but youll only get as much out of it as you put into it. housing in the area is pretty expensive but not too bad. the enterence exam is no harder than a first grade test so you dont have to worry about it at all. im currently working for ford and the money isnt bad for just entering the field.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Teching In

hey If you can write a check they your in. I graduated from the chicago campus and am now in the BMW step program in orlando. like 98trans-am said you get up of it what you put into it. for the msat programs you have to have a 3.5 but if you want the better ones out of it then id say at least a 3.7 and for your att. its not joke you have to show up everyday and never late. At least a 98% att. and thats on the low side. however if you do this its good money. im getting offers from bmw To start from 19-24 an hour.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

im not goina bash any school or anything but from my expierence the uti and lincoln tech guys i know and have met do not know there stuff and are not taken seriously by employers
Old 02-22-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i graduated from UTI orlando campus... and to go with what american muscle said, there are raging idiots from anywhere, if the employer has any common sense he should be able to screen them himself. UTI is a good school, has a good bit of info but in my case i was wrenching before i went so about a 1/3 was a replay. I have to say, automotive isn't the most lucrative career you could enter, but i eat damn good every night and have toys to play with! pm me if you have questions
Old 02-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

check out SAM in Houston, TX. www.samracing.com

Quick Reply: UTI questions