Automotive Careers Looking for an automotive job or employees?

Any mechanical engineers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any mechanical engineers?

Hey guys,

Im currently in the army now, but am getting out this year. I am looking for a job as a mechanical engineer, so im gonna go to college for that. My question is how hard is to get a job in a place like Lingenfelter or Katech? Thats what I always wanted to do. Also what else do they look for as far as schooling goes?

thanks a million

kevin
Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Launching!

In school for mechanical engineering right now to, and would like to know!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

+1 for me too
Old 03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I am currently working as an ME in the Aerospace industry... Id imagine you would have to look into each company yourself. There are lots of variables, depends if they are in need of employees, if they are looking for experienced people or recent college grads. My guess would be that these are pretty desirable jobs (I would LOVE to work for them), so the competition is gonna be pretty steep... do well in school!!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Teching In

I am a ME student as well at Kettering University (Formerly GMI) and I would say that getting in with a name like those or Roush or the like is pretty hit or miss, but likely slim. Heck where you take your schooling can make a big difference. I know a couple of guys that Co-op at Katech and W2W and they were able to get those jobs at a young age because of being Kettering Undergrads.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Maverick_132
I am a ME student as well at Kettering University (Formerly GMI) and I would say that getting in with a name like those or Roush or the like is pretty hit or miss, but likely slim. Heck where you take your schooling can make a big difference. I know a couple of guys that Co-op at Katech and W2W and they were able to get those jobs at a young age because of being Kettering Undergrads.
A or B section?
I know of someone that worked as a co-op for GM and then back doored into Katech. Other than that, you usually have to some experience into the automotive engineering field or know somebody to get in.

With military experience, I'd look into DoD aerospace(Boeing,Lockheed,Grumman) if I were you. Higher paying, better locations available, and faster product.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
I am currently working as an ME in the Aerospace industry... Id imagine you would have to look into each company yourself. There are lots of variables, depends if they are in need of employees, if they are looking for experienced people or recent college grads. My guess would be that these are pretty desirable jobs (I would LOVE to work for them), so the competition is gonna be pretty steep... do well in school!!
Since there are this many ME's in here maybe one can answer this fine question....
What are the velocitys of the following in a 1/4" hose, 58psi gasoline and 950psi NOS. I am an EE and figure ill leave that calc to the me's. Any help guys??
I dont think u need more info than that?
Sorry for the off topic....
Old 03-13-2008, 03:00 AM
On The Tree

Smile

Originally Posted by nahasapeemapetalon
Since there are this many ME's in here maybe one can answer this fine question....
What are the velocitys of the following in a 1/4" hose, 58psi gasoline and 950psi NOS. I am an EE and figure ill leave that calc to the me's. Any help guys??
I dont think u need more info than that?
Sorry for the off topic....
In that scenario velocity is constant. Being that it was a straight pipe w/out any bends or size reduction. You would also need to know viscal flow rate and fluid density to determine true velocity. ME HERE TOO!

Quick Reply: Any mechanical engineers?