Automotive Careers Looking for an automotive job or employees?

nhra pro race team

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question nhra pro race team

sorry to hijack but one of my dreams is to be on a nhra race team like brute, john force etc. what school would be best or has the best feeder program? you always hear of wyo-tech but really is that true? i kinda like sam but would rather go north then south. (im from pa)im in 11th grade so i wana get my head start. any advice would be great. after school how do i contact a team?
Old 03-18-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Junkie

I don't know just the school to pick....but I do know that if you go, and get the best grades, and get a reputation for being both fast and meticulous at taking racecars/motors apart and putting them back together in a mistake-free fashion, the race teams will come looking for you. They pick the cream of the crop. Also be prepared for alot of travel, no, or very little time at home, and not too high a pay scale when you first start. Many of these employees are doing this for the excitement and the glory....Best of luck, wherever you choose to go.... WJ
Old 03-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Banned

i love working on race cars (nothing of that caliper yet) but ive been working on a 5.8secound car (1/8 mile) i told the guy that brining me to the track and giving me knowledge was pay enough. but i know in the future im going to need the $. i have to do everything perfectly

Quick Reply: nhra pro race team