TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ZR1 vs GT2 vs Ferrari 599 vs GTR

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...gtr/index.html

ZR1 is a monster lol <gtr is still king though j/k>
Old 10-27-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, I didnt know the Ferrari weighs more than the GTR!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:32 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by 25psi
Wow, I didnt know the Ferrari weighs more than the GTR!
It's probably the luxury interior. There are probably 15 cows in there on the Ferrari.

And I believe it used a lot less carbon fiber for body pannels than the Enzo (they share the same engine).
Old 10-27-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ferrari > ZR1

I don't care how fast the ZR1 is. Can't compare to Ferrari's build quality or heritage.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackTTC6
Ferrari > ZR1

I don't care how fast the ZR1 is. Can't compare to Ferrari's build quality or heritage.
I would as well if I wanted a garage queen. Most Ferrari owners drive their cars no more than 500 miles a year. With the maintenance that rivals that of the NASA space program, I wouldnt drive it either. I love the Ferrari, but how many times are you willing to take it out on the freeway and open it up? How many meets are you willing to drive to?
Old 10-28-2008, 12:27 AM
NKAWTG...N

Ferrari > ZR1

Well obviously if price is no option then sure. An Enzo would obviously be a better performance choice than any Corvette, even the Zr1.

But if you need to open your pocket book and pay for it...then the Zr1 is obviously better bang for the buck (as Corvette's have ALWAYS been).
Old 10-28-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Addict

^^^ Exactly!! The vette is designed to be BEAT on like a wicked red step child on a daily basis.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you could romp on a ferrari a lot harder. the difference is really when oops something let loose! and its time to repair it. then yea big difference in price but stuff is gonna break and if you can afford the ferrari, you can afford the repair
Old 10-28-2008, 03:03 AM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by Tainted
I think you could romp on a ferrari a lot harder. the difference is really when oops something let loose! and its time to repair it. then yea big difference in price but stuff is gonna break and if you can afford the ferrari, you can afford the repair
I wouldn't agree to that. I'd say any GM engine could probably take a lot more abuse than a Ferrari's. Any way you look at it, exotic cars are always more of a maintenance nightmare than a mainstream car. Ferrari's have to have massive checkups at insanely low intervals. I am sure the Zr1 will be like any other LsX engine...reliable and trustworthy.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:31 AM
11 Second Club

two things stood out to me ... calling the gtr a playstation on wheels ... good stuff there ... and second referring to the vettes looks as fade-into-the-traffic-flow ... what?

otherwise nice comparison, thanks for the link
Old 10-28-2008, 08:33 AM
TECH Regular

Ferrari > ZR1

Can't compare to Ferrari's build quality or heritage.
Baahahaha, You obviously never been in, or around a Ferrari if your talking build quality. C3 Corvette = Ferrari build quality. Quality of materials yes. Racing heritage yes. But build quality No!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 7998
Baahahaha, You obviously never been in, or around a Ferrari if your talking build quality. C3 Corvette = Ferrari build quality. Quality of materials yes. Racing heritage yes. But build quality No!
I've been reading the Ferrari forum lately and I saw people changing their airbags and steering wheels for 7,000 bucks... I thought they are really stupid and then one guy said
"I can't have a Ferrari airbag looking me in the face knowing it expires soon and its made by Ferrari"
Old 10-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Launching!

11.2 at 130? 11.2 at 130!? 11.2 at 130!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:08 PM
11 Second Club

Ferrari > ZR1

Totally agree. But it's apples to oranges IMO.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 25psi
I would as well if I wanted a garage queen. Most Ferrari owners drive their cars no more than 500 miles a year. With the maintenance that rivals that of the NASA space program, I wouldnt drive it either. I love the Ferrari, but how many times are you willing to take it out on the freeway and open it up? How many meets are you willing to drive to?
Newer Ferraris require MUCH less maintenance. And if you can't afford the maintenance, why buy the car. Most of those guys could care less....
Old 10-28-2008, 03:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Newer Ferraris require MUCH less maintenance. And if you can't afford the maintenance, why buy the car. Most of those guys could care less....
Pure status. I'm sure they have nice vehicles for daily driving, but when they want to make an impression they pull out the Ferrari. They keep it for a few thousand miles and get rid of it. Just because you can afford the maintenance doesn't mean you want to pay for it time and time again.

I'm not discounting that there are those out there that will beat the living **** out of their exotics, then pay the repair bills. I have a feeling those are a small fraction of the owners.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Morbid
Pure status. I'm sure they have nice vehicles for daily driving, but when they want to make an impression they pull out the Ferrari.
Just like 75% of the members of this board. Except change the last word to Camaro/Firebird.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:01 AM
10 Second Club

Talking

Build quality...now does that include reliability/dependability for equal miles driven as well?
And I KNOW you're not including service/maintenance costs under that "build quality" umbrella.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:07 AM
10 Second Club

Question

Newer Ferraris require MUCH less maintenance.
True. But that's not really saying much when compared to the older Fiats, err I mean Ferraris, some of those cars sucked LOL (though most were still beautiful cars).
The newest ones are better but do you really believe that they will be as reliable/daily drivable/maintenance free as any model in the current Corvette line (which is the basic debate here)?

And if you can't afford the maintenance, why buy the car.
I agree. But again that's not necessarily the question here.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1

I agree. But again that's not necessarily the question here.
No, it isn't a question at all. Only people who cannot afford a Ferrari, like me and most people here, care about maintenance COSTS. Yes, it probably annoys them that they have to get it checked up very, very quickly but then again, they may not even have it that long and have the money. Also, who says these cars are horribly unreliable anymore. They are built within tight tolerances but also can stand those for much, much, much longer now because of technological advances.

If you can afford a Ferrari, you can afford whatever goes with it. End of story.

Oh, and I didn't know too many people knew about Fiat.

Quick Reply: ZR1 vs GT2 vs Ferrari 599 vs GTR