Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

How would you like to be Ford right now.... You made good choices and decisions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How would you like to be Ford right now.... You made good choices and decisions...

and now you have to compete against a bottomless pit GM????

Kinda sounds like our current welfare system AND our mortgage bailout plan!!!!!

Those of us who have lived within our means and made sacrifices like not buying the latest TV(FORD) are now not getting the perks the forclosure or welfare people do (I fully understand the need for welfare in certain circumstances and am grateful our government is here in those situations)

I believe it is all about the mighty VOTE and POWER the gov't wants...

Best way to invest money today????

GUNS AND AMMO!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hah... hah?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually..... Ford may not have ask(or needed) any assistance yet.... but they have the same basic problem as GM.

They will be next IF they don't quit bleeding money.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My understanding is that the reason why ford is ok now is that they had some serious debt issues in 2006 so they sold off a bunch of stuff (not cars) so they had a bunch of cash.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

And.... they took out a huge line of credit and mortgaged the company to the hilt.

Unless Ford stops bleeding money.... they will have the same problem in a few months.

Question is.... Will the economy turn itself around in time to keep Ford from befalling to the same fate.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:22 AM
Restricted User

Ford will meet the same fate, and it will be even worse for them since they don't actually own anything anymore. Things should go smoother at that point since the government will have two "turnarounds" under their belt, but Ford is simply buying time at this point.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
Ford will meet the same fate, and it will be even worse for them since they don't actually own anything anymore. Things should go smoother at that point since the government will have attempted two "turnarounds," but Ford is simply buying time at this point.
Fixed it for ya

...and that's a big "IF they can turn them around," my money is the big 3 being subsidized for a very long time and a lot more money
Old 06-02-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Resident

Same with the Japanese and German companies. They are all hurting.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
Fixed it for ya

...and that's a big "IF they can turn them around," my money is the big 3 being subsidized for a very long time and a lot more money
That's why I put TURNAROUND in quotes.

I fully believe they will "turnaround" GM. I just don't think that we will agree with their resulting definition of "company" as evidenced by the GM that they present to us afterwards.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

People who are losing their houses are all thes morons who bought adjustable rates 5 years ago knowing good and well that once the rate jumped they couldnt make the payments, thinking by some miracle their income woul double by then. Well, 5 years comes faster than you think, and your income didnt double. Your house payment just went from $1400 to $3600. Wheres that extra $2200 coming from? Oh you dont have it? Oh you dont even make that much in a month? Oh ok, get out of the house. I hope people today buying up all these foreclosures are doing the ONLY thing you should do when you buy anything, and thats getting a simple interest loan. Preferrable 15 or 30 year fixed. When things seem too good to be true, they usually are. Cant afford it 5 years down the road, then dont buy it. Whos to say you even will be employed in 5years? My grandpa had been disabled for 45 years and AFTER he was put on disability due to a war injury, he bought and payed for a house. Never missed a payment, and now has the deed. Good for him. Where your income comes from doesn't ALWAYS judge the caliber of your character, there still are decent people who simply have no other options. But what you DO with your money is entirely up to you.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by evilZO6
People who are losing their houses are all thes morons who bought adjustable rates 5 years ago knowing good and well that once the rate jumped they couldnt make the payments, thinking by some miracle their income woul double by then. Well, 5 years comes faster than you think, and your income didnt double. Your house payment just went from $1400 to $3600. Wheres that extra $2200 coming from? Oh you dont have it? Oh you dont even make that much in a month? Oh ok, get out of the house. I hope people today buying up all these foreclosures are doing the ONLY thing you should do when you buy anything, and thats getting a simple interest loan. Preferrable 15 or 30 year fixed. When things seem too good to be true, they usually are. Cant afford it 5 years down the road, then dont buy it. Whos to say you even will be employed in 5years? My grandpa had been disabled for 45 years and AFTER he was put on disability due to a war injury, he bought and payed for a house. Never missed a payment, and now has the deed. Good for him. Where your income comes from doesn't ALWAYS judge the caliber of your character, there still are decent people who simply have no other options. But what you DO with your money is entirely up to you.
Don't forget the tradesmen...
My next door neighbor is going through the foreclosure proceedures RIGHT NOW... He did not do a balloon mort. He went on the hook and took 80% of the equity out of his home he had just built MORTGAGE FREE to the tune of $985,000.... to build his first subdivision...

And POW.

The economy stopped....

I can't wait to buy that house on a short sale when it goes... The taxes on his dump are $16,000 a year though....7k more than mine... but he's got an inground pool!!!!

Living paycheck to paycheck is reality today--- like it or not for us regular people...
And that's my choice as I'm only going around once and can't take it with!!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Ford will be hit soon.. give it time.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

The only reason we aren't talking about a Ford bankruptcy right now is because Ford had/has much more cash/liquidity right now to keep them afloat. As soon as that well dries up we'll see those numb-nuts on the news too.

BTW, my spell checker automatically fixed numb-nuts... faaaaaantastic!!
Old 06-05-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow.........misery does indeed love company.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Several people are predicting Ford will also go into Chapter 11. The big difference is Ford barrowed a ton of money before the "wheels came off the cart" and were lucky they had the money. GM and Chrysler didn't have the money, they hit rock bottom faster. Ford is burning money almost as fast as the others.

Recently Toyota had the largest lost in History of 8.6 billion, they have already taken millions from the Japanese gov't, all Americans think is well "Toyota has been able to stand on it own feet" bullshit. Toyota is projecting they will lose even more in the coming months and year.

Everybody is hurting, i'm sick of people sugar coating the bullshit.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Everybody is hurting, i'm sick of people sugar coating the bullshit.
George tells us how it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJr_ggTeq64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31M7bXRwrjg

Quick Reply: How would you like to be Ford right now.... You made good choices and decisions...