TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wimimc
and here it comes..
give it a second...
Old 09-28-2011, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha well at least it was the american government that did the bailing out. I for one am glad that Chevrolet and Chrysler are still around making great new cars for all their customers.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by redbadss
haha well at least it was the american government that did the bailing out. I for one am glad that Chevrolet and Chrysler are still around making great new cars for all their customers.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

IIRC Ford did receive some money.

also, if GM and Chrysler weren't bailed out and flopped, the entire auto industry would have collapsed as well.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Haven't you heard GM is now going to China for government subsidies?! It was announced yesterday.

Both GM and GE electric are doing a joint venture thing with the Chinese government backing them.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Haven't you heard GM is now going to China for government subsidies?! It was announced yesterday.

Both GM and GE electric are doing a joint venture thing with the Chinese government backing them.
just shows how far down the **** hole our country has gone... Ill never buy another GM product again... im going to trade my ss in on a BMW M3...
Old 09-28-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man it's weird what people in this country get worked up about. So an American company that employees a lot of people was loaned money to stay afloat. Who gives a ****. Corporate welfare is nothing new. If they weren't bailed out, all the workers that would be laid off would then have to rely on welfare. Either way it's an expense to the taxpayer.

I'm more concerned about taxpayer money that's getting wasted trying to prop up the corrupt governments in Iraq and Afghanistan. The **** are we still doing over there...
Old 09-28-2011, 05:24 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Wimimc
also, if GM and Chrysler weren't bailed out and flopped, the entire auto industry would have collapsed as well.
I kind of have to agree.

Originally Posted by versz
Ill never buy another GM product again...
Really? Right when some of their cars are getting REALLY good too?
Damn, I personally couldn't fathom a world without a Corvette in my garage.

im going to trade my ss in on a BMW M3...
Yeah that's logical, because the German government NEVER helped out BMW, right?
A government that at one point (not all that long ago) attempted to exterminate 12,000,000 to 20,000,000 fellow innocent human beings too by the way.
Just sayin'.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I kind of have to agree.

Really? Right when some of their cars are getting REALLY good too?
Damn, I personally couldn't fathom a world without a Corvette in my garage.

A government that at one point (not all that long ago) attempted to exterminate 12,000,000 to 20,000,000 fellow innocent human beings too by the way.
Just sayin'.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lolz at ford feeling the pressure.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
BMW and Mercedes have both received money from the U.S. gov't too. However it was a loan, not bailout money. Someone posted a link of all the companies that have received money from the U.S. government over the past few years. It was quite surprising. Anyone who thinks these companies don't receive kick backs from federal and state govt's is naive. Competition for job creation.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Yea, people need to understand the difference in bailout money versus the "loans" you hear about.

Those loans come from the department of energy to develop "green" tech or just basic fuel economy advances. It's the government's way of "persuading" or enticing the private field to develop specific things "they" see as good for us (...i'm trying to hold a straight face here...). The money can't be used for anything other than the specific technology upgrade the loan was taken out for. Kinda big brother-ish, but the DOE have been handing out billions per year in loans like this for many years. You only hear about it now that the media has gotten a taste of how ratings explode when the words "bailout" or "government loan" gets used in the corporate setting.

Ford's ad was actually aired some time ago... just today there was a article on foxnews.com where ford and the WH was back peddling and making excuses for why the ad only lasted a few days/weeks. We ain't stupid... we know the gov had something to do with it... most commercials run for months on end.

Edit: here's the link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...nder-pressure/
Old 09-28-2011, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Guy posted that on another website. Said that it was his neighbor in the commercial.

I don't think the whole auto industry would of fallen apart if GM had not been bailed out; but I do believe that it would have had a drastic impact on our unemployment.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just shows how far down the **** hole our country has gone... Ill never buy another GM product again... im going to trade my ss in on a BMW M3...
Our country has fallen due to people who dont buy AMERICAN so stew on that while you drive your GERMAN car and how much you just helped improve your country sir.

Originally Posted by Latch
I'm more concerned about taxpayer money that's getting wasted trying to prop up the corrupt governments in Iraq and Afghanistan. The **** are we still doing over there...
Very true to much money wasted and to many soldiers lost.

Originally Posted by Heater
I don't think the whole auto industry would of fallen apart if GM had not been bailed out; but I do believe that it would have had a drastic impact on our unemployment.
Yeah it wouldnt fall apart but it would be damn close due to the loss of jobs not only from GM but every other business that depends on GM to survive and that fall out would be massive now double that if Chrysler went under and we have a industry melt down here in the US.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:51 PM
12 Second Club

Standing on there own eh?...

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ilout-of-ford/
Old 09-28-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

GM and others would be healthier companies today, if they reorganized and did so without the bailouts foisted upon We The People.

I sayeth -- Unconstitutional, and Unamerican.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Fry is not talking about the DOE retooling loan, and Ford’s well publicized use of government loan guarantees. Fry found a $7 billion government check to Ford that was hidden from the public’s eye. Well, not really, it was mentioned on page 18 of a document submitted by Ford to the Senate Banking Committee on December 2, 2008, but who reads that stuff?
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ilout-of-ford/

GM had about 15 billion in the bank, Chrysler the same, Ford had around 30 billion and Toyota around 100 billion. All four were burning around 4.5 billion per month in 08, GM and Chrysler went down in about 3 months and if it had gone on for another 3 months Ford would have been down for a full bailout as well. Good leadership at Ford and them mortgaging the farm to get through it is what helped them.

In addition Toyota, BMW and a few others took some some cash as well.

In the depths of the financial collapse, the U.S. Federal Reserve pumped $3.3 trillion into keeping credit moving through the economy. It eventually lent $57.9 billion to the auto industry — including $26.8 billion to Ford, Toyota and BMW.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2637728/posts

This took all of two minutes on google.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

I will continue to buy American, hell my father has two 2012 cars and is getting a new camaro next lol. He has a Malibu ltz and crew cab silverado as his work truck. Got to support them or they fall apart like they have been.

Quick Reply: New Ford ad bashes the bailouts