Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

LSA Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Pricing Released

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont why the stock numbers really matter so much. Cuz all the deep pocket guys who buy them go bigger cubes, or TT or combo
Old 11-16-2011, 04:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Not bad for a 4k lb SUV

Seems like all that weight has paid off. I also find it funny when F body owners talk **** on the 5 gen, F body's are rattle cans, huge gaps between body panels, crappy rear end's and where maid when GM was at it worst as far as quality and reliability. Ask me how I know...

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/14/2...-nhtsa-safety/
Old 11-16-2011, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
A 2012 GT500 with the SVT package is right around $54K and even with the added weight I give the nod to the ZL1 for looks and the magnetic ride suspension. Plus the ZL1 has some standard features the GT500 only have as a dealer installed option.
Why is the magnetic suspension such a great option when its still slower?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fspeedster
Seems like all that weight has paid off. I also find it funny when F body owners talk **** on the 5 gen, F body's are rattle cans, huge gaps between body panels, crappy rear end's and where maid when GM was at it worst as far as quality and reliability. Ask me how I know...

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/14/2...-nhtsa-safety/
All the weight paid off? To who...people that want safety over a lighter better performing car? Sorry but to me weight dosent pay off to most of us who are looking to buy a "camaro". I dont think most guys have extra weight and safety in mind when buying a fast car but if thats what you like then 5th gen is right up your alley have at it
Whos talking ****? The 5th gen are big fat pigs and for that reason I wouldnt buy one. Whats wrong with that? Excuse guys like me for having reasons why I wouldnt want my high performing car to have the weight of an suv Maybe other peoples opinions bother you?
Hey, I love my rattle trap so much that im on my 3rd one. Unreliable? Iv never been stranded anywhere or anytime with any of my 3 rattle traps. Driving a 300 mile round trip to the track 5 times a year, racing it and driving home without any issues
If you want to buy a car for safety with all that weight then why not a suv?
Why dont they make the vettes with all that safety stuff. Im sure all the die hard corvette guys wouldnt have a problem with the vettes weighing in at 4k lbs
Old 11-16-2011, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

flop...
Old 11-16-2011, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Almost 58k optioned out and over 59k with the auto. If they would have started at 48k I might have considered one but GM put it a little out of my comfort zone. I think over 50k is the tipping point for a lot of buyers. I'll just stick with my little 450hp WS6.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
no new engine family in sight for the 2014 vette
Curious. That's the opposite of everything I hear/read.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

its tough for chevy since they have the corvette and they have to price similar cars so that it makes sense to buyers. Ford doesn't have that problem. How can chevy price this monster for less than the price of a base vette....nobody would buy the base vette. i really don't think they had much of a choice but to price it this way.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
its tough for chevy since they have the corvette and they have to price similar cars so that it makes sense to buyers. Ford doesn't have that problem. How can chevy price this monster for less than the price of a base vette....nobody would buy the base vette. i really don't think they had much of a choice but to price it this way.
Plenty of people would. I wouldn't even consider a Camaro if the I could get a Corvette for the same price or less.

I agree they are a little high on pricing for this car.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
Almost 58k optioned out and over 59k with the auto. If they would have started at 48k I might have considered one but GM put it a little out of my comfort zone. I think over 50k is the tipping point for a lot of buyers. I'll just stick with my little 450hp WS6.
these are not cars for people on budgets.

im just guessing but i think most buyers are well off and can afford much more expensive vehicles.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^^Completely disagree, most people operate on a budget. Hell you can easily spend 45k on a mid-size family SUV. Yeah, there probably not for the guy making 30k year.

Now you have potential buyers like me where GM priced it a little high for my taste. A lot of people were hoping for just under 50k to get on board. If Ford is smart they will keep the price of the new 2013 GT500 the same and watch the ZL1's sit on the showroom floors.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
If Ford is smart they will keep the price of the new 2013 GT500 the same and watch the ZL1's sit on the showroom floors.
True, as long as dealer gouging/mark ups are kept in check, if Ford were to retain the current GT500's pricing for the 650hp 2013 model then it will give it a very strong advantage over the more costly ZL1 (which itself might cost even more in 2013 possibly), but I really can't see them being able to sell the new one for the old price.
And, the available automatic for the ZL1 could still help it's sales figures as well.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys have to understand that the GT500's and ZL-1's of the world are not marketed to the blue collar, middle class working stiff. That's what the GT and SS are for. Should GM and Ford really not offer top rung pony models like this simply because they can't make them more affordable to ppl who can't spend over 40K on a shiny new garage toy?

I understand the disappointment in the ZL-1 creeping up into the 50-60K range, but do remember...this isn't just an SS with a blower stuffed under the hood.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
You guys have to understand that the GT500's and ZL-1's of the world are not marketed to the blue collar, middle class working stiff. That's what the GT and SS are for. Should GM and Ford really not offer top rung pony models like this simply because they can't make them more affordable to ppl who can't spend over 40K on a shiny new garage toy?

I understand the disappointment in the ZL-1 creeping up into the 50-60K range, but do remember...this isn't just an SS with a blower stuffed under the hood.
agreed.

when i buy a vehicle i make sure it costs me less than a weeks pay every month.

most buyers of these cars will have a ton of money to burn and not break a sweat paying for it.

i dont know about anyone else but high ends cars like these i dont see in middle class neighborhoods. i see them where homes cost more than i make in 10 yrs. and theyre driving a mercedes or escalade as their everyday vehicles and drive their toys when its nice out.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
5.0s are faster than 5th gens and that hasnt slowed camaro sales one bit.
great point everyone talking about this new gt500 is assuming that because it is going to kill the zl1 in a race that it will also kill it in sales..

thats not going to happen most people don't buy cars because one car is faster than another.. right now more people want camaros

the camaro has been RAPING the mustang in sales and is going to continue to do so I see a **** ton of new camaros.. barely any new mustangs at all i would say at least 6-7 to 1 camaro to mustang ratio

now you must ask yourself why? why is the mustang still not outselling the camaro? ITS FASTER way faster but still the camaro out sells it ILL TELL YOU WHY because mustangs are not as cool as camaros.. and they never will be
camaros are the **** new and old i don't care if the mustang has 1000 more horse power.. mustangs are gay
Old 11-17-2011, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nasteeZ28
mustangs are gay
Thank you for your insightful perspective. Color me enlightened...
Old 11-18-2011, 05:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
All the weight paid off? To who...people that want safety over a lighter better performing car? Sorry but to me weight dosent pay off to most of us who are looking to buy a "camaro". I dont think most guys have extra weight and safety in mind when buying a fast car but if thats what you like then 5th gen is right up your alley have at it
Whos talking ****? The 5th gen are big fat pigs and for that reason I wouldnt buy one. Whats wrong with that? Excuse guys like me for having reasons why I wouldnt want my high performing car to have the weight of an suv Maybe other peoples opinions bother you?
Hey, I love my rattle trap so much that im on my 3rd one. Unreliable? Iv never been stranded anywhere or anytime with any of my 3 rattle traps. Driving a 300 mile round trip to the track 5 times a year, racing it and driving home without any issues
If you want to buy a car for safety with all that weight then why not a suv?
Why dont they make the vettes with all that safety stuff. Im sure all the die hard corvette guys wouldnt have a problem with the vettes weighing in at 4k lbs
What I meant by reliability was the fact that f-bodies came with crappy rear ends, brakes, shocks, window motors, engine knocks and the list goes on. And this suv you speak about is faster then an f-body in a straight line and on corners, it responds to mods just as well as our rattle traps. Not to mention is a better put together car. This conversation has nothing to do with Corvettes so no point in bringing them up.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fspeedster
What I meant by reliability was the fact that f-bodies came with crappy rear ends, brakes, shocks, window motors, engine knocks and the list goes on. And this suv you speak about is faster then an f-body in a straight line and on corners, it responds to mods just as well as our rattle traps. Not to mention is a better put together car. This conversation has nothing to do with Corvettes so no point in bringing them up.
I know what you meant and we both have different points in mind. There is a point for me bringing up the vette because im making a point on how adding stupid amounts of weight to a fast car is a turn off for me and others.
People want their cars for different reasons. I dont like the weight, IRS, or the price tag. This car is suposed to compete with the new mustangs? Sorry but imo its a total fail and to me if your spending that kind of money then might as well put it towards a vette.
Thanks for calling out my opinion for "talking ****" though
Old 11-18-2011, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmurray87
Lol @ people saying a car will fail before its even released and tested.
And I remember 3-years ago when people were saying the Camaro would fail and only last 2 years tops.....boy were they wrong - AGAIN.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol everyone complaining about cars they will never own, cute. Its a sexy car thats for sure, might have to clean out my stable a bit and get one.

Quick Reply: LSA Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Pricing Released