Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2013 Dodge Dart compact debuted (first live pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2013 Dodge Dart compact debuted (first live pics)

via http://www.dartoc.com/forums

debut galleries:
http://www.dartoc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3
http://www.dartoc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5

Looks like a spunky and affordable little thing. Totally geared for the enthusiasts it seems (despite FWD).

Might do ok as a daily beater kinda car.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:14 PM
TECH Veteran

disgusting
Old 01-10-2012, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like ****
Old 01-10-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Do I think it looks amazing? No

But I don't think it is absolutely horrible either. Looks on par with a lot of the other compact sedans out there with the sport aspect.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Blasphemy.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:35 PM
TECH Veteran

It looks like a modern Neon, so much so that I wonder why it isn't wearing that name instead.

Even Hornet would have been a better name than Dart.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every car coming out has that same Exo X look to the front
Old 01-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
Do I think it looks amazing? No

But I don't think it is absolutely horrible either. Looks on par with a lot of the other compact sedans out there with the sport aspect.
LOOOOSER!!! jk. Whats up bro?
Old 01-10-2012, 05:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by evolve
LOOOOSER!!! jk. Whats up bro?
hey stalker, sent you a pm.lol
Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
9 Second Club

Should be renamed Dodge Fart cuz it looks like crap to me...LMAO.....
Old 01-10-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that thing's ugly as hell.

dodge is a funny brand..

when the cars are new you don't see many of them. then after about 4 years you don't see them on the road anymore.

salvage yard is always packed with them tho.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Poor use of the vintage name. Of course Dodge is known for doing that.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure why they called it a Dart, not even in the slightest bit inspired by the original, but it looks like it might be alright. Would have a hard time choosing it over a new Civic though, curious to see how it's priced and what motor options will be available.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
Not sure why they called it a Dart, not even in the slightest bit inspired by the original, but it looks like it might be alright. Would have a hard time choosing it over a new Civic though, curious to see how it's priced and what motor options will be available.
in 10 years the civic will still run.

dodges have a habit of falling apart just out of warranty.

I testdrove a dodge ram pickup about 2 years ago and the tailgate fell open during the test drive and the sales person couldn't get it to latch again.

I dunno how they stay in business really. I mean, GM was doing well with trucks and suvs until the gas spike killed their business and they started trying to make $50k cars no one wants. (volt.)

dodge, other than the SRT series, hasn't made ANYTHING impressive in the last decade or so, and they continue to NOT inspire.

I mean I guess the challenger is nice n all, if you wanna get like 8mpg and spend $65k on a car. I tried to test drive one, they treated it like I'd asked to test drive a veryon or something. Salesman blocked me from getting to the door, said there was a perfectly fine v6 I could SIT in if I wanted to see the interior, but that he didn't offer test drives on those.

This'll just be another neon replacement.. who knows tho.. maybe they'll srt it and win a few races, but until then.. another blend-in commuter car imo.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

looks like a fn ugly focus/kia
Old 01-10-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkFox118

I testdrove a dodge ram pickup about 2 years ago and the tailgate fell open during the test drive and the sales person couldn't get it to latch again.

I dunno how they stay in business really. I mean, GM was doing well with trucks and suvs until the gas spike killed their business and they started trying to make $50k cars no one wants. (volt.)

dodge, other than the SRT series, hasn't made ANYTHING impressive in the last decade or so, and they continue to NOT inspire.

I mean I guess the challenger is nice n all, if you wanna get like 8mpg and spend $65k on a car. I tried to test drive one, they treated it like I'd asked to test drive a veryon or something. Salesman blocked me from getting to the door, said there was a perfectly fine v6 I could SIT in if I wanted to see the interior, but that he didn't offer test drives on those.

This'll just be another neon replacement.. who knows tho.. maybe they'll srt it and win a few races, but until then.. another blend-in commuter car imo.

That's funny that you mentioned that.

Before we bought the wife her Trailblazer, she just HAD to test drive a Pacifica, because her girlfriend had just bought one.

We found ONE locally and asked for a test drive. The salesmen pissed me off first saying that someone else wanted to test drive it, so we had to hurry.

HE said hurry and I am not sure he meant it. Anyways, it had 17 miles on it and we pull out of the dealership and went 1.5 miles and the SES light came on. I looked at the wife and pointed at the dash, and she said turn this piece of **** around.

The salesmen changed his mind and thought I was joking when I told him that the SES light had come on, so I leaned over so his scrawny *** could see and he was speechless.

The other couple was waiting for us when we got back and they could tell there was something wrong when I stepped out of the vehicle.

They were standing there with their sales manager and I guess some big wig with the dealership, wearing a suit.

I looked at them and said, Test drive it if you want, but it has 17 miles and the SES light is on.

The guy turns to his wife and say, I told you dodges were pieces of **** and told the big wig NEVERMIND.

All 4 of us went down the street and bought chevrolets.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

not bad for a $15k car
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkFox118

I don't know, Chrysler has been putting out some NICE vehicles over the span of the last 4 years or so IMO. Plus the fact that they were taken over by Fiat gives gives me some hope for improved quality. The new cars they put out, (Charger, Challenger, Ram lineup, Durango, Grand Cherokee, etc., etc.) they do seem to be built pretty decent. However, only time will tell how they will actually hold up.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll say the new dodge truck LOOKS great. It has good power too really. Even if the thing had a low fuel light on as soon as we started it and she only let me drive it a mile before making me turn around (after the tailgate fell down..)

I'm not really familiar with fiat, dodge seems to sort of change hands a lot these days don't they? didn't mercedes own them for a while or something? I honestly don't keep up cos I just don't trust them.

they're a far cry from the nearly invincible 4.0 I6 that the 80s/90s jeeps had it seems.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is funny because one of the local know it alls was telling how fast the new dart was going to be.

Quick Reply: 2013 Dodge Dart compact debuted (first live pics)