Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

ZL1 Carbon

Old 02-19-2012, 06:38 PM
LTX
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default ZL1 Carbon

Since the recent Z06 Carbon was introduced ive heard rumors on the ZL1 Carbon. Input on this?

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrol...-ar118930.html
Old 02-19-2012, 09:07 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the ZL1 has to be released first before thinking about another variant.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
I think the ZL1 has to be released first before thinking about another variant.
god knowing gm they would slap the "carbon edition" like every other car
Old 02-20-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by camAro242
First it will take 10 years of development. By then Ford has been them.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Remember they had a SS Malibu?

Anything to make a few more dollars, even if it means being a disgrace to the SS badge.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Every other car? I'm only aware of the Z06 Carbon which has proven it's value as a package on the track.

Originally Posted by D3VIL
Remember they had a SS Malibu?

Anything to make a few more dollars, even if it means being a disgrace to the SS badge.
So a lighter, more capable "carbon edition" ZL1 isn't exactly what everyone on the forums has been asking for? Last I checked, the enthusiasts want a lighter car to compete with the Shelby.

Not sure why the SS badging (and I agree here, it was slapped on everything to try to make a buck), is brought up, this ZL1 will easily outperform the original. Not to disgraceful IMO. Having said that, the original ZL1 was an ultra-limited car (only 69) so if you mean by using that nameplate on a higher production volume car than the original, I can agree there.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NW-99SS

Not sure why the SS badging (and I agree here, it was slapped on everything to try to make a buck), is brought up, this ZL1 will easily outperform the original. Not to disgraceful IMO. Having said that, the original ZL1 was an ultra-limited car (only 69) so if you mean by using that nameplate on a higher production volume car than the original, I can agree there.
Original wasn't really "limited" it was just a really expensive option that doubled the price of the car. They couldn't even sell all the ones produced. Semantics I know.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Every other car? I'm only aware of the Z06 Carbon which has proven it's value as a package on the track.

So a lighter, more capable "carbon edition" ZL1 isn't exactly what everyone on the forums has been asking for? Last I checked, the enthusiasts want a lighter car to compete with the Shelby.

what i ment by comment was pretty much what you said in bold. Im just tired of seeing the same old cookie pressed options on all of gm's sports cars ie camaro, v's series, corvette. It would be cool to have differnt engine options all the way down to gear ratios and so forth. We all know that wont happen. All in all I just want to see something thats actually new, instead of sharing the same options as all the other sports cars gm has to offer
Old 02-22-2012, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
Original wasn't really "limited" it was just a really expensive option that doubled the price of the car. They couldn't even sell all the ones produced. Semantics I know.
Fair enough, lol! I guess "limited" was a poor word. Not truly a production vehicle though, as every ZL1 in 1969 was a COPO. Add to that, GM wouldn't build the car with the aluminum 427s unless at least 50 were ordered...bring in Fred Gibb.

what i ment by comment was pretty much what you said in bold. Im just tired of seeing the same old cookie pressed options on all of gm's sports cars ie camaro, v's series, corvette. It would be cool to have differnt engine options all the way down to gear ratios and so forth. We all know that wont happen. All in all I just want to see something thats actually new, instead of sharing the same options as all the other sports cars gm has to offer
I hear you, how nice would it be to select each option the way it was in the 60s! Oh, you don't want a $3500 NAV system that sucks, but you want leather, check here, do not check there. Perfect, you just saved yourself a bunch of money.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Saw this car at the Chicago Auto Show....it was by far the best looking production Camaro Ive ever seen.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thats exactly what it needs. Put that fat bitch on a 300lb diet
Old 02-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Now you have my attention

Originally Posted by Tainted
Thats exactly what it needs. Put that fat bitch on a 300lb diet
I'm not sure that the carbon edition actually removes weight..

But adds carbon fiber pieces onto the existing body..

A ZL1 on a diet would do wonders around the track.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ZL1 Carbon