Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2014 Ford F-150 Tremor Twin-Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 10:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor Twin-Turbo

All-New 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor Is World's First EcoBoost-Powered Sport Truck

• 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor comes standard with the company's powerful 3.5-liter EcoBoost® engine, offering V8 performance, V6 fuel economy and a launch-optimized 4.10 rear axle with electronic locking differential
  • Short-wheelbase, regular-cab Tremor offers stylish FX Appearance Package and functional features that include a floor shifter, class-exclusive HID headlamps and standard SYNC® with MyFord Touch® connectivity system
  • All-new truck's distinctive looks are complemented by unique boxside Tremor graphics and custom-inspired interior
DEARBORN, Mich., June 27, 2013 – The 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor is the first-ever EcoBoost®-powered sport truck that addresses the needs of street truck enthusiasts looking for high-performance V8 power with V6 fuel economy.

The short-wheelbase, regular-cab Tremor goes on sale this fall delivering distinctive looks and performance. The all-new truck couples the style of the FX Appearance Package with an EcoBoost engine and a launch-optimized 4.10 rear axle – the shortest final drive ratio offered in an EcoBoost F-150 – helping provide customers with fast acceleration.

Tremor signals its sport truck capabilities with a custom-inspired FX Appearance Package featuring stealthy, flat-black accents that include unique 20-inch flat-black wheels, stylized bodyside graphics and black badges with red lettering.

Tremor is the only regular-cab F-150 offering a flow-through center console and bucket seats. Interior touches include black leather seating surfaces with red piping, brushed-metal accents and a red-stitched steering wheel. Alcantara seat inserts add texture and style as well.

"The new Tremor gives F-150 customers yet another option to drive a highly capable, distinctive performance truck with features typically found only in the aftermarket," said Brian Bell, F-150 product marketing manager. "Plus, the Built Ford Tough EcoBoost engine is available for the first time in a short-wheelbase F-150."

F-150 Tremor is powered exclusively by Ford's groundbreaking 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine, which features:
  • 365 horsepower at 5,000 rpm on regular fuel
  • 420 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,500 rpm
  • Twin independent variable camshaft timing for improved performance and fuel economy
  • Up to 90 percent peak torque available from 1,700 rpm to 5,000 rpm
An electronic locking rear differential that's standard for both two- and four-wheel-drive versions helps deliver the power to the pavement by improving traction during takeoff.

Connectivity comes standard on F-150 Tremor with MyFord Touch® powered by SYNC®. Designers have optimized the physical interface for MyFord Touch to accommodate truck users who may be wearing work gloves by providing easy access to climate controls and audio presets on the center stack.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So.....they put 4.10 gears in the truck?

Also I really hate that crap where is says "world's first ecoboost sport truck!" like they're trying to trick people into thinking they had an original idea making a sporty turbo v6 truck. Well of course it is...ecoboost is just your own trademarked name.

That would be like McDonald's saying world's first chicken mcnugget when it came out...like no one had ever had processed chicken before.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by justin455

Also I really hate that crap where is says "world's first ecoboost sport truck!" like they're trying to trick people into thinking they had an original idea making a sporty turbo v6 truck. Well of course it is...ecoboost is just your own trademarked name.

That would be like McDonald's saying world's first chicken mcnugget when it came out...like no one had ever had processed chicken before.
I agree its false advertisement lol
Old 06-27-2013, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just can't get over my hate for the exterior of Ford trucks. The Raptor is good looking, but not awesome or great.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I like it and it's badass, to bad they think it's worth a **** ton.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:49 PM

The price tag is expected to be just under $45k. Outside of the wheels, it does not do much for me at that price.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by justin455
No, this is the only way to get the Eco-Boost in regular cab/short box configuration. For whatever reason nobody likes to put their biggest engine into the lightest truck configuration anymore. You can, however, pick up a base regular cab/short box F150 with the 5.0 engine for probably $10k less than what this is going to cost (I think MSRP is like $24-25k with 3.73 rear and LSD)

Originally Posted by wengines
The price tag is expected to be just under $45k. Outside of the wheels, it does not do much for me at that price.
Where the hell are you getting $45k from? Or did you mean just under $35k?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yawn...
Old 06-27-2013, 11:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gocartone
No, this is the only way to get the Eco-Boost in regular cab/short box configuration.
Chrysler has done this for awhile now with the Ram Express/Tradesman.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

its ford version of the syclone. gmc did it back in 1991. a few years late lol. i would drive it however
Old 06-28-2013, 09:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd rather have a new Ram R/T.

395 hp / 410 lb-ft
8spd Auto
Better looking (imo)

Old 06-28-2013, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tremor is ****** lame
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

I don't care for the graphics, but the rest is just fine. Perhaps Ford will also offer the 5L or 6.2L at some point, for this model. I'd like to see a turbocharged, or even supercharged version, with the 6.2L. They made that for a video game tournament or something, so why not offer it to the rest of us?? I'd guess that one is a well north of 500hp pickup.

Is this the only model a center shifter is available in? I'd think not, but it's mentioned as if it's all special... Maybe just to grab attention?? Probably has the manual mode shifter.

One big departure from other sport offerings is AWD. I don't think Ford has ever offered an AWD option on a performance vehicle, let alone truck, aside from the massive RAPTOR, which isn't my idea of a good choice for racing unless it's off-pavement. The short wheelbase isn't new, but with this engine, it is. I would prefer the AWD option too, since the 2wd will be a spinning machine. Overall, I like this one, but I doubt I'll think it's worth the asking price when I see it.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id really like to see real world gas mileage numbers for this truck. I know theyre not gonna be civic like, but if they do better than the v6 trucks, it might be big hit for a completely different demographic.

I wouldnt mind trading my hemi truck for a small turbo truck i can DD without stopping in every gas station.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cajun ELESS-ONE
its ford version of the syclone. gmc did it back in 1991. a few years late lol. i would drive it however
The Syclone had a payload capacity of 500lbs! While I love the Syclone theres no way on earth to compare these two trucks. The only common thing I see between them is a turbo V6 and they both have a bed???

I think the 2nd Gen Lightning and this truck are comparable...at least they were both really trucks. With that said why not use the Lightning name again??? Lame new name IMO.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think once there is a fueling solution this will be a cool truck. Full-race already makes a big single turbo kit for it. With a built block you could have a pretty fun pickup.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
The Syclone had a payload capacity of 500lbs! While I love the Syclone theres no way on earth to compare these two trucks. The only common thing I see between them is a turbo V6 and they both have a bed???

I think the 2nd Gen Lightning and this truck are comparable...at least they were both really trucks. With that said why not use the Lightning name again??? Lame new name IMO.
and they offer a awd option like the syclone. i think its the same concept. i like the idea of using the lightning name.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Is this the only model a center shifter is available in? I'd think not, but it's mentioned as if it's all special... Maybe just to grab attention?? Probably has the manual mode shifter.
It could be the only regular cab configuration that has the bucket seat/center console/center shifter configuration. 99.9% of all RCSB trucks have a bench seat, meaning column shifter.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

And what is GM doing to compete? Pretty much nothing in the past seven years, or so, after they stopped making the SS.

Hopefully they have something in the works that I have missed, but probably not. They're content in pushing out the usual stuff. Not that there's necessarily anything too much wrong with that, but it sure would be nice to see a similar version of the RCSB GM product out there.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z Fury
It could be the only regular cab configuration that has the bucket seat/center console/center shifter configuration. 99.9% of all RCSB trucks have a bench seat, meaning column shifter.
Could be just that.

Originally Posted by Texfinn
And what is GM doing to compete? Pretty much nothing in the past seven years, or so, after they stopped making the SS.
Not really a big deal... Chevy offers CORVETTE and Ford hasn't offered a real competitor to that, except a few yrs of GT, for decades. Each has picked their place to dominate and the other seems to be generally content. Even when the SS was available, it was hardly competition for the Lightning or SRT-10 from Dodge. It was closer to the H-D version of the F-150(supercrew model). When the GT came out, GM woke right up and slapped that badass Corvette on the planet! It was worth the wait! Dodge competes with the Viper, but they know who wins the battle and seem cool with just playing.

Hopefully they have something in the works that I have missed, but probably not. They're content in pushing out the usual stuff. Not that there's necessarily anything too much wrong with that, but it sure would be nice to see a similar version of the RCSB GM product out there.
The latest GM pickup is headed to market already and some dealers may have it. Nope, nothing really special, but at least it has more than it used to for standard equipment. It isn't on the level of Ford in electronics, but it competes more than enough to maintain 2nd place over RAM. Speaking of, that's a pretty capable pickup and it's selling well. It lacks what most customers want though, electronics. Due to that, it won't catch GM or Ford, even with its 395hp/410 ft-lb V8 and apparently lower pricing.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor Twin-Turbo