Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Crash in Pomona CA

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crash in Pomona CA

https://news.yahoo.com/crash-kills-6...184446126.html

Don't know if anyone posted this or another story about it, but because of the picture, I wanted to add it. No doubt, a drunk driver did these folks in, but look at that photo. ID the car??? There are few clues really, but enough, I think. Anyway, the impact must've been horrendous.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Pretty sure thats a V6 Camaro
Old 02-10-2014, 12:55 AM
TECH Addict

I'm sure one's a Camaro, but I can't be sure of the engine. It appears to be a 'vert, but that could be just how badly it's mangled. The red SUV is an Explorer.

There was another "wrong way" deadly crash today, in Tampa, FL. That driver was apparently drunk too... "only" 5 died in that one. The collision was massive and the Expedition went up in flames immediately while the Hyundai Sonata simply got obliterated. Those vehicles met at a crest in the road(I-275 NB) in an area I've been many times. Not to be outdone by LA, 3 others were killed in Hillsborough County, Fl Saturday, in two other crashes.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yup that looks like the 3.6L.

I don't think it was a vert because there is a broken fixed side window just behind the driver's door in the first pic.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

I cannot see that window, but I don't disagree. I simply can't tell so I'll take your word for it. Sad, no matter what.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I'm sure one's a Camaro, but I can't be sure of the engine. It appears to be a 'vert, but that could be just how badly it's mangled. The red SUV is an Explorer.

There was another "wrong way" deadly crash today, in Tampa, FL. That driver was apparently drunk too... "only" 5 died in that one. The collision was massive and the Expedition went up in flames immediately while the Hyundai Sonata simply got obliterated. Those vehicles met at a crest in the road(I-275 NB) in an area I've been many times. Not to be outdone by LA, 3 others were killed in Hillsborough County, Fl Saturday, in two other crashes.
There is a cell phone video of the Florida crash I just saw this morning.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...#axzz2t1ituLHq
Old 02-11-2014, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

I saw it yesterday... Man, I thought about it again this morning and recalled that I've been in that lane many times in the past. Could've happened to anyone and there were those 4 young souls.

There's more info on the CA crash too, including that the Camaro driver was a 21yr old woman and she lived, but 2 of her g/f's, each under 25, died at the scene. I can only guess that means 4 people in the Explorer also died because it says the other Ford driver was slightly injured.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drunk drivers in both cases, absolutely ridiculous
Old 02-12-2014, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Surely, though tox results aren't in yet for the Florida case. He simply had to be wasted somehow... drunk or drugs(which are ALL OVER the area) or on a mission to die. Sadly, there is a new story emerging, saying that he was depressed and had borrowed the SUV from a friend he'd been living with recently. He'd apparently just moved in there from St. Claire Shores, MI. It also says there was an argument just before he left. He was 28yr old Daniel Lee Morris.

Witnesses to how he'd been driving have said he made no attempt to avoid any oncoming traffic and until he reached the crest in the hwy, others had been able to avoid him.

I'm all for people being allowed to die... However, if you're going to be that much of a coward in life, PLEASE leave the rest of us out of your ending! Instead of that, in this case, he took with him... Dammie Yesudhas, 21; Jobin Kuriakose, 21; Imtiyaz Jim Ilias, 20; and Ankeet Patel, 22.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Horrible.Just leave others out of it.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

its tragic & horrible. but there is a huge difference between having a beverage or 2 vs a bakers dozen & driving. i went to high school with a kid that in 2 seperate "accidents" has killed people driving drunk. he doesnt deserve his freedom or worse. just my one cent.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't it crazy how everyone can die, and the one that survives has minor injuries? Talk about lucky.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

Happens all too frequently with drunk drivers... They often survive crashes because their body is relaxed and just goes with things, or so it seems. Of course, they die too, but usually it's when they haven't killed others! I wish it could be a RULE that if you're drunk and crash and kill anyone, you simply MUST die that day too!!!

Quick Reply: Crash in Pomona CA