Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Dodge Challenger SRT HEMI Hellcat Officially Rated at 707hp

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 04:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Dodge Challenger SRT HEMI Hellcat Officially Rated at 707hp

Dodge Challenger SRT HEMI Hellcat Is The Most Powerful Production Muscle Car Ever

July 1, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The all-new 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT, with its supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI Hellcat engine, produces an unprecedented 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful Challenger ever, Dodge's most powerful V-8 ever and the most powerful production muscle car ever.

The Challenger's new 6.2-liter supercharged HEMI Hellcat engine is also the first factory supercharged HEMI, as well as Dodge and SRT's first application of V-8 supercharger technology. For the first time in Chrysler Group history, the all-new 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT with a Hellcat engine comes standard with two key fobs -- red and black. The red key fob is the only key that can unlock the full 707 horsepower and torque potential of the Challenger SRT Hellcat engine; while the black key fob limits the driver to a reduced engine output of 500 horsepower.

In addition to the awe-inspiring 707 horsepower of the new Hellcat HEMI, the new 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat has been redesigned and totally re-engineered to be the most true-to-form muscle coupe on the market with performance-enhancing technologies inside and out, including the new TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission and an all-new interior inspired by the classic 1971 Challenger.

The Dodge and SRT brands now offer the most complete lineup of muscle cars in the market, including the new 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT with its standard powerful and fuel-efficient Pentastar V-6 engine combined with the TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission that delivers 300 horsepower and an estimated 30 miles per gallon; the 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T with the high-torque 5.7-liter HEMI now paired with the TorqueFlite eight-speed or six-speed manual transmission; and the all-new 6.4-liter HEMI Challenger Scat Pack that delivers 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque with the TorqueFlite eight-speed or six-speed manual.

The 2015 Dodge Challenger and Challenger SRTs are built at the Brampton, Ontario, Assembly Plant and will start arriving in Dodge dealerships in the third quarter of 2014.

For more information, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fhnO95drbA

About Dodge

The Dodge brand is tearing into its centennial year as America's mainstream performance brand, celebrating its 100th anniversary on July 1, 2014. With the purification of the brand and consolidation with SRT, Dodge is getting back to its performance roots with every single model it offers. The consolidated Dodge and SRT brands will offer a complete lineup of performance vehicles that stand out within their own segments. Dodge will be the "mainstream performance" brand within the Chrysler showroom. SRT will be positioned as the "ultimate performance" halo of the Dodge brand, together creating a complete and balanced performance brand with one vision and one voice.

From muscle cars to compact cars, minivans, crossovers and full-size SUVs, the Dodge brand's full lineup of 2015 models deliver best-in-class horsepower, class-exclusive technology, unmatched capability and a slew of cool features, such as LED headlamps, Dodge signature racetrack tail lamps, dual exhaust, 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment centers and 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) customizable gauge clusters, to name a few. For the 2015 model year, customers will be able to drive the new 2015 Dodge Charger and Challenger, as well as the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat. The Dodge brand lineup also includes the 2015 Dodge Dart, Durango, Grand Caravan and Journey, including the new Crossroad model, and Dodge Viper SRT.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just saw this on Autoblog. That's a lot of stock horsepower.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

WHOA! I don't see anything from Ford or GM making that much power for this yr(if ever). Of course, weighing about as much as a pickup truck isn't going to help, so it almost needs that massive power!

KUDOS TO DODGE for this obviously all new car! I wish it well.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

besides its weight theres not much else to dislike about this car.

except maybe how much itll cost lol.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

heres more info.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/cha.../2015-SRT.html
Old 07-01-2014, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I mean, it won't set the world on fire around a road course, but this is beyond badass.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is badass. Like said, its a porky bitch that would probably struggle against a ZL1 and get walked by a C6 ZR1 or a C7 Z06, but that number is just for sheer shock and awe.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by justin455
This is badass. Like said, its a porky bitch that would probably struggle against a ZL1 and get walked by a C6 ZR1 or a C7 Z06, but that number is just for sheer shock and awe.
The ZL1 isn't going to put up a fight when taking traction out of the equation (275's on the Hellcat...ehhh), but the Hellcat has the same power to weight ratio as a C6Z. That's pretty damn sad considering it has an extra TWO HUNDRED horsepower.

All that power, the wicked exhaust, and tires that will probably spin through third without trying (707hp, 4450lbs, 57/43 weight split, and the 275's), will make this a really fun car to go cruising in either way.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

275's might be considered small for today's standards, but they aren't exactly pizza cutters and they will get the job done for sure.

Justin, how would this thing struggle against a ZL1? I assume you are talking about on a road course? Yes.
Street or 1/4 mile track encounter? Heck no.

I love this car.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -Ross-
275's might be considered small for today's standards, but they aren't exactly pizza cutters and they will get the job done for sure.
W/ that much power on tap... those tires won't stand a chance. Of course, if you can afford the car, it isn't going to matter. You'll be THAT guy... everyone else will know it because of the you're always wearing!

Justin, how would this thing struggle against a ZL1? I assume you are talking about on a road course? Yes.
Surely he meant road course... nobody's using one for that. Still, on the street it could also be a problem... wheel spin WILL be an issue for this car! Once people learn how to launch it, we're gonna see 12.5's!!! @ about 140! I see them running 11's, but not by just anyone. Slicks will bring this car into the 10's.

I love this car.
I like it... a bunch.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by It'llrun
W/ that much power on tap... those tires won't stand a chance. Of course, if you can afford the car, it isn't going to matter. You'll be THAT guy... everyone else will know it because of the you're always wearing!

Surely he meant road course... nobody's using one for that. Still, on the street it could also be a problem... wheel spin WILL be an issue for this car! Once people learn how to launch it, we're gonna see 12.5's!!! @ about 140! I see them running 11's, but not by just anyone. Slicks will bring this car into the 10's.

I like it... a bunch.
Traction control...from roll. lol
Old 07-02-2014, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wink

maybe itll be like supras were in the 1/4.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a Mopar. Get ready for 12.20 @ 120mph.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Originally Posted by gocartone
The ZL1 isn't going to put up a fight when taking traction out of the equation (275's on the Hellcat...ehhh), but the Hellcat has the same power to weight ratio as a C6Z. That's pretty damn sad considering it has an extra TWO HUNDRED horsepower.

All that power, the wicked exhaust, and tires that will probably spin through third without trying (707hp, 4450lbs, 57/43 weight split, and the 275's), will make this a really fun car to go cruising in either way.
So, if you don't account for one of the biggest factors in acceleration from a stop, it won't be close. Got it. This car is awesome, but for racing? I'm not so sure. It's a badass cruiser and the go to choice to put on a smoke show.

I love this car.
I mean it will struggle like doing 12.5s at 140 as It'llrun said.

All said, this is the coolest version of any mass produced pony/muscle car. (Not counting Z/28)
Old 07-02-2014, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

I mean it will struggle like doing 12.5s at 140 as It'llrun said.
Do you have ANY idea how hard I'll be laughing the 1st time I see a video of that happening?

All said, this is the coolest version of any mass produced pony/muscle car. (Not counting Z/28)
... even counting the Z/28!

No doubt, it's not going to be the best performer(the Z is), but it's simply drool-worthy! It's gonna be all about the fun and you'll still have room for your friends.... WHILE doing a smokey, football field long burnout!

It doesn't hurt that it's beautifully done, inside and out, with what sure looks like quality materials. I haven't seen any pricing, but I'd expect this thing to go for 80k... and it will sell out fast, however many they build.

Who thinks this car will reach 200mph??? I mean... before it breaks down or anything. FASTEST TANK IN THE LAND!
Old 07-02-2014, 11:44 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Do you have ANY idea how hard I'll be laughing the 1st time I see a video of that happening?

... even counting the Z/28!

No doubt, it's not going to be the best performer(the Z is), but it's simply drool-worthy! It's gonna be all about the fun and you'll still have room for your friends.... WHILE doing a smokey, football field long burnout!

It doesn't hurt that it's beautifully done, inside and out, with what sure looks like quality materials. I haven't seen any pricing, but I'd expect this thing to go for 80k... and it will sell out fast, however many they build.

Who thinks this car will reach 200mph??? I mean... before it breaks down or anything. FASTEST TANK IN THE LAND!
I still think the Z is cooler, but i really dig the whole "beat them at their own game in an overweight pig using outdated technology" thing.

It certainly has the power to get to 200mph, but I'm curious to see if the brick can push enough air out of the way to get there. Who knows...didn't the '13 GT500 hit the mark? It's no aerodynamic wonder either.

One thing is for certain. I want one and I can only imagine doing bad things with it.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love this car.
The GT500's had 285s in the back and couldn't hook for **** with even 500hp, let alone 662 or 707hp lol
Old 07-03-2014, 06:30 AM
TECH Resident

So, if you don't account for one of the biggest factors in acceleration from a stop, it won't be close. Got it. This car is awesome, but for racing? I'm not so sure. It's a badass cruiser and the go to choice to put on a smoke show.
Different tires or roll racing and it's an *** whooping on a ZL1. It has almost a whole pound less per horse power (ZL1 is only 300lbs lighter).
Old 07-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Originally Posted by gocartone
Different tires or roll racing and it's an *** whooping on a ZL1. It has almost a whole pound less per horse power (ZL1 is only 300lbs lighter).
Well I meant in stock form. There's no point bench racing two cars if you start assuming mods for either one. And I think we can all just assume we mean from a dig when we talk about two cars racing. If we immediately assume from highway rolls, we might as well be on an SRT4 forum.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
The GT500's had 285s in the back and couldn't hook for **** with even 500hp, let alone 662 or 707hp lol
So, put a set of drag radials on it when you are at the track.

At those hp levels, even a 305 street radial is going to have traction issues.

275's will get the job done.

If all people can complain about with this thing is that the rear tires are 1" narrower than "ideal", Dodge/SRT didn't do a bad job.

Quick Reply: Dodge Challenger SRT HEMI Hellcat Officially Rated at 707hp